• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Like a Kid that found Candy in his Pocket

cds36

NAXJA Forum User
Just picked up the 8.8, and as happy as can be. Found it at a local truck dismanteling yard. Came off a 2001 explorer. $200 bucks they pulled it for me and helped me load it in car, I thought was a good deal. Now for the 5.13 gears and spool, WHOOT :thumbup:

All I need is someone to help me put it in my heep.......

2231996522_e315fa913f.jpg

That is a great deal... I paid about 4 bills for one 5 years ago to put in my buddies YJ.. Make sure you get the tubes welded on that, they have a tendency to rotate out of the pumpkin... Nice grab...

if you want to do a spool, you need c-clip eliminator's...might as well step up to the super 88 kit from superior.

Justin

xjjeeper19 said:
if you want to do a spool, you need c-clip eliminator's...might as well step up to the super 88 kit from superior.

Justin
Exactly what I just did in my YJ plus 4.88's.

I paid $400 for mine... but it already had the XJ brackets on it, tubes welded, and 4.10s/LSD

xjjeeper19 said:
it added with back right Paul? and how much was that?

Justin
?? I don't understand your question.

cds36 said:
Just picked up the 8.8, and as happy as can be. Found it at a local truck dismanteling yard. Came off a 2001 explorer. $200 bucks they pulled it for me and helped me load it in car, I thought was a good deal. Now for the 5.13 gears and spool, WHOOT :thumbup:
I put one in my YJ then another in my XJ. Where are you in so cal, would'nt mind lending you a hand if needed.

sorry paul, sometimes I can't type...what I was trying to ask was did it add width back to the axle? I though I heard it was supposed to make the axle just as wide as a standard cherokee axle.

Justin

yeah, it adds enough on each side bringing it to around the standard width.

Back