• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question after aussie install

gijosiahh

NAXJA Forum User
i know this is a really vague question, but i just want to hear some opinions and suggestions.

i installed an aussie in the d30 of my 01 a while back and since then i'm getting a weird noise from the front end at highway speeds. it sounds like a vibration, but i cant feel it....but its gotta be coming from the axle because it wasnt happening before the locker went in. the noise isnt a constant noise...it just randomly happens, whether im on the gas or off. i mean i thought i installed everything correctly, but i dont know...so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great..and again i know its really vague but i figured i'd ask here before i pulled the diff cover and everything. thanks.

Are you sure its from the diff?

i mean i dont know where else it would be coming from... it wasn't doing it before the locker went in....i dont think it would be coming from anything else i took apart to do the install.

Mine did this as well, it turned out to be the front drive shaft slightly out of balance. It did not do this before the aussie install. I had our local FleetPride's drive shaft shop use the laser balancer on it and it was off by an half ounce on the CV end. No more issues.

xjtrailrider said:
Mine did this as well, it turned out to be the front drive shaft slightly out of balance. It did not do this before the aussie install. I had our local FleetPride's drive shaft shop use the laser balancer on it and it was off by an half ounce on the CV end. No more issues.

why would it do that after the install though?

Back