• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

posi survey

mr.bigg

NAXJA Forum User
if you were given the option,what type of dif would you run in a d/d,a true loc type locker,a trac loc clutch type posi or a spool.

selectable, on/off with a flick of a switch.

I just put an Auburn LSD in my DD and I love it. I haven't driven an XJ with the factory Trac-Loc, so I can't compare the two, but I have seen comments that the Auburn is the better of the two.

Selectable, on/off with a flick of a switchin a part time 4wd rig

Selectable, on/off with a flick of a switch in the rear diff and a TrueTrac front diff with a fulltime rig. I would probably leave the rear locked 90% of the time....

On my budget mini-spool in the rear 9" and a TruTrac in the HP D44 front diff (fulltime)

Real detroit in the rear for a daily driver. For trail only I would lean toward a spool for the rear.

MTBracer367 said:
if i could i would run a detriot locker (clutch type posi)but never a spool break to many axle's
A Detroit is a "Automatic un-locker" not a "posi"!

I'm running Detroit TrueTrac's (limited slips) front and rear and love them. They are not a clutch type diff., they are gear/worm drive, so, no clutches to wear out.
Dang near invisable on the pav., and work very well off road., they'll 'lock' up with application of brake.
I don't like the way automatic lockers behave behind a manual trans on the street.

Mike H. said:
I'm running Detroit TrueTrac's (limited slips) front and rear and love them. They are not a clutch type diff., they are gear/worm drive, so, no clutches to wear out.
Dang near invisable on the pav., and work very well off road., they'll 'lock' up with application of brake.
I don't like the way automatic lockers behave behind a manual trans on the street.

X2 Im running 265's and true tracs in both front and rear on mine and I love it. I can hang with Rubis on 31's and 32's all day long. Even with a limited slip and a longer wheelbase, I have no problem keeping up. Its all about knowing which line to take and when to gas it and when to finesse it.

Last edited:
Back