• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's motor mounts

Blaine B.

NAXJA Forum User
Any comments on Rusty's rubber motor mounts? Not the Poly ones.

I know MORE makes rubber mounts as well, but they are about $40 more than the Rusty's ones.

I understand poly will transmit the most vibes and the rubber ones will also transmit vibes more over stock (although less than the poly ones). I am not concerned about that.

However I am wondering how the Rusty's mounts fare compared to the MORE mounts....

Let me know!

I haven't used Rusty's, but from everything I read here he's a big time "get what you pay for" shop. Every time I've looked there his shipping quotes were enough to send me elsewhere.

I bought MORE mounts and I'm very happy with them.

My stockers would allow my york compressor to hit my hood while in 4-low and on the trail. So while at the Jeep show in York, PA I met "Rusty" and picked up a set of mounts and a skid.

The mounts that I got seemed to be nothing more than big control arm bushings in a custom shell. They required small spacers, which were missing. He sent them to me ASAP though after I called him. The installed easily then, and fit great.

Slight increase in vibes. But throttle response felt crisper, and no more york to hood contact. The vibes didnt bother me, and after a short while I stopped even noticing. I think they break in alittle too after the rubber heat cycles a few times. My jeep also doesnt have carpet, and has 33" M/Ts...so noice and vibes werent a concern anyway. haha.

J.

I have them and am satisfied. He used the control arm bushing like MORE uses. They are a pretty stout boxed type design. I have the 2.5L and the spacers sent with it did not fit but it was nothing a couple of washers could not fix. All in all I am pretty happy with them. On a side note remember to change your tranny mount at the same time. I just went with a stock replacement and it along with the Rusty's mounts have made my drive train pretty solid.

Here is a pic for reference when compared to stock

Comparison.jpg

i was about to post to tell u to check those out ... i dont run them yet but will be ... a buddy runs them and loves them

Blaine B. said:
I just saw something about brown dog motor mounts. Cheaper than MORE or Rusty's....hm..

They are poly not rubber but nice none the less. I went with Rustys for the rubber and easy of finding cheap bushing replacement since it is the control arm bushing and have not been disappointed.

I have his poly version. Turns out it is nearly identicle to the MORE bomb proof mount. I have lots of vibes transmitted, but that is what I expected from a stout mount. I am happy with mine.

I didn't buy the bracket. I figure I would if I ever broke one.

I only know one person who has broken the bracket though....my buddy did....TWICE actually.

But yes, when parts fail.....it's an excuse to upgrade.

WOW, amazingly tacky american flags not once, but TWICE!
i have the M0RE mounts, and im noticing all the other mounts discussed here are all painted....... while the mores are zinc plated.... preferance? maybe.

It's not tacky.

And it's only on that Jeep twice because they both have the engine brackets AND the motor mounts. They are seperate items.

It's a good thing they put our flag on these products.

Everything from China has that tacky little gold oval sticker that says "Made in China"

About time we had some pride about home-built stuff!

xcm said:
WOW, amazingly tacky american flags not once, but TWICE!
i have the M0RE mounts, and im noticing all the other mounts discussed here are all painted....... while the mores are zinc plated.... preferance? maybe.

Since when is the American flag tacky? I have no problem proudly displaying the stars and stripes and supporting companies that manufacture parts right here in the good ole USA.

displaying a flag in a proper manor, is one thing.
so your saying you want to put a flag under hood? dunno about you, but my engine bay is dirty as shit, way to disrespect the flag bro....

It's on the item because it was made here.

You know, it rains on the flags outside on the flagpoles. That could be considered disrespect just the same, no?

I didn't realize flags had to be in a 100% clean and sterile environment to be displayed properly.

Now if your engine catches fire, that's one thing....because then you are flag burning!!

Back