• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 caliper brackets

2000bluexj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a set of these and just wondeiring how important is the raised section where the spindle goes? I think its part of the dust shield. I run my dana 30 with no dust shields so i dont think it will be a problem. that way dirt doesnt get stuck all in there. Am i right about this?

i dont have a pic yet, but i will try my best. on my pair of 44 caliper brackets there is a rim around the spot where the spindle mounts. is this rim necessary?

2000bluexj said:
i dont have a pic yet, but i will try my best. on my pair of 44 caliper brackets there is a rim around the spot where the spindle mounts. is this rim necessary?

Starboard M said:
Are you asking if you can run with no dust shields?

If so, yes.

What he said.

Some caliper brackets and dust sheilds are combined... like the ones I pulled off a '80 K20 Pickup. Are you cutting them off or just omitting them?
Billy

Sounds like he's talking about the dust shield, not required , but highly recommended.

ia green96 said:
Sounds like he's talking about the dust shield, not required , but highly recommended.
Why are they highly recommended? If they are separated what do they do? Keep "dust" out?

Edit: Does this help?

partsdefinitions.jpg

Last edited:
Starboard M said:
Why are they highly recommended? If they are separated what do they do? Keep "dust" out?

I retract my statement. I thought he wanted (as equipped from the factory) , my bad.

Here is the part i am tslking about. circled in red. The bracket i have is a little different, i think the dust guard is seperate. anyway, here is the picture.
44pic1.jpg

o. ok. cause the ones i have are all rusted to nothing. i guess i could make something maybe, or just extra grease in there or something.

2000bluexj said:
Here is the part i am tslking about. circled in red. The bracket i have is a little different, i think the dust guard is seperate. anyway, here is the picture.
44pic1.jpg

Those are the same ones I have. They weight a ton. In fact, I was thinking about cutting some of the extra weight (the dust shield part) off, but I've been too lazy to take a pic to get some input :D
Billy

Back