• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

np231J transfer case chain.

nickguy

NAXJA Forum User
So I want to replace the chain on the transfer case I am rebuilding and sourced one from Rock Auto. It is a cloyes chain and they have 2 part numbers , 10022 and 10027 for 231 cases. I ordered 10022 without really checking and ended up with a 1 1/4" chain I think that 10027 part is the 1" chain that I need for the standard sprockets but was wondering if anyone can confirm. I have googled this all over and cannot seem to find anything definitive except some ebay listings with similar parts. I am emailing rock auto customer service but wondered if anyone on here knew. Thought briefly about raiding a HD case for the sprockets but I really do not need to go so heavy duty. I can confirm that the 10022 number is the wide chain though.

> > CLOYES Part # 10027 {High Performance} Transfer Case Drive Chain;
> > New Process 231C/242/233 ELEK/ELEK Shift Transfer Case
> >
> > >>>>right chain and the one I need.
> >
> > $51.79 $0.00 $51.79
> > CLOYES Part # 10022 {High Performance} Transfer Case Drive Chain;
> > Warner 1350/New Process 207/231C/233C Transfer Case
> >
> >
> > $55.79 $0.00 $55.79
> >
> > >>> wrong chain and the one I have.

I thought there was a way to upgrade to the wider (and stronger) chain?

There is but you need to pull the drive sprockets out of, I think, a non-jeep NP207 or a 231c HD out of an S10 or Dakato, or blow $325 for the JB conversions mod. Like I said i thought about it and decided not to.

I an trying to remember where I bought mine. I paid like 65.00 for the wide chain and sprocket. It was from a guy in Sacramento. There were genuine parts, not junk.

Found it. The guy who helped me was very cool.
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]T[/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]RANSFER[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]2969 East 7th Street
Oakland, CA, USA 94601
[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]and[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]
600 Bruckner Road
Spartanburg, SC, USA 29307
[/FONT]​
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]C[/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]ASE[/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]E[/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]XPRESS[/FONT]

Thanks for the info I will check that out. I did get a response from Rock Auto.

I have contacted Cloyes regarding the parts in question. They have confirmed that part number 10027 would have a width of 1.0". They also gave info on part number 10022, confirming the width of 1.25". I have passed this info along to our Catalog Staff, asking them to add this info into our listings.

Thank you,

Jeff
RockAuto Customer Service

Back