• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Luxury camping

JohnX

Sarge
NAXJA Member
Finally decided we have had enough "roughing" it. New mobile hotel includes hot and cold running water, flush toilet, showers (inside and out), fridge and freezer, radio, 3 burner stove, oven, microwave, awning, queen bed, AC, heater, double sink and plenty of storage. Amie said to make sure I mention the lavender interior :D
sg1vv8.jpg

very cool John, I hope my days of roughing it will soon be over!

JohnX said:
Funny, my truck didn't blink an eye at it.

12 valves run great, if I need to buy a diesel, it will most likely be a 12v, alot less to deal with...I think I would swap an NV5600 in it though.

Justin

EDIT:...I can't spell

Last edited:
Nice camper, I'd love to have a setup like that.

JohnX said:
Finally decided we have had enough "roughing" it. New mobile hotel includes hot and cold running water, flush toilet, showers (inside and out), fridge and freezer, radio, 3 burner stove, oven, microwave, awning, queen bed, AC, heater, double sink and plenty of storage. Amie said to make sure I mention the lavender interior :D
sg1vv8.jpg

Nice digs man. My 29' RV has all the same ammenities including the lavander upholstery...You do really need a longbed if you ever want to tow anything with the camper on the back.

x3 on the longbed.

Slide in truck campers (TCs) are designed to fit SBs or LBs. When using a LB TC the center of gravity is designed to be a few inches forward of the rear wheels. When you put the LB TC on a SB truck the COG is behind the rear wheels and that will have a negative effect on the front suspension and steering.

Although your trip home from the dealer may have been OK, once you load everything you need for a weekend of camping (close to 1000#) you may have a different experience.

Some very good reading can be found here:
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/listings/forum/27.cfm

FishPOET said:
x3 on the longbed.

Slide in truck campers (TCs) are designed to fit SBs or LBs. When using a LB TC the center of gravity is designed to be a few inches forward of the rear wheels. When you put the LB TC on a SB truck the COG is behind the rear wheels and that will have a negative effect on the front suspension and steering.

Although your trip home from the dealer may have been OK, once you load everything you need for a weekend of camping (close to 1000#) you may have a different experience.

Some very good reading can be found here:
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/listings/forum/27.cfm

Thanks for the link. I plan to get the truck weighed empty, loaded, and loaded w/trailer so I can see what the actual cog is going to be. I also have a front reciever on the truck, so I might load some items up there if I am concerned. I will of course load everything heavy as low and forward as possible.

Thanks for all the comments everyone....especially you guys who want to buy me a new truck ;) ...but I like mine just how it is.

JohnX said:
.... and loaded w/trailer ....especially you guys who want to buy me a new truck ;) ...but I like mine just how it is.

If you plan on pulling a 6000# trailer behind that rig to NAXJA events PLEASE be sure to post your routes and dates so that the rest of us can be sure to stay as far away from your nightmare as possible.

FishPOET said:
If you plan on pulling a 6000# trailer behind that rig to NAXJA events PLEASE be sure to post your routes and dates so that the rest of us can be sure to stay as far away from your nightmare as possible.

I don't see any smilies so he must be serious. :)

In all seriousness... You got the wrong Truck Camper for your truck. You can see by the pictures where all the weight is going to be applied, then add the fact that you'l be towing.... that's a recipe for disaster.

Did you buy this TC from a dealer? If so, I'm surprised they actually let you drive off the lot.

I hope that you stay safe and others around you.

I just picked up one of these myself for my 2500HD Long Bed Duramax/Allison. I too share the sentiment that we are done roughing it. The only thing yours has that mine doesn't is A/C. But for the price I paid, I can add it for relatively cheap. Good find!!.

Last edited:
This really sucks - u have a very nice rig, & I get to stay in a motel room for a couple weeks trying to find an apt or house!!!! Someday when I pull into a campsite w/ a 50' decked out 5th wheeler towing my cruiser (not) I'll say, come on over & have a beer!!!! Nice set-up

FishPOET said:
Thanks for your careful consideration of YOUR wellbeing, but I have done some checking....the COG is 3 inches in front of my wheels. I think you really should research what you're talking about before you tell me about MY rig. You really think i would tow something unsafe to a naxja event (or any other place)? This camper is well within the capacity of my truck and I will be under the rated capacity for total (including trailer) vehicle weight. I tried to be polite earlier....but you're being a prick about a camper and a truck based solely on a picture. You don't know the weight, the cog, the upgrades on the truck or anything else about it.

Thanks again ;)

I kinda agree with John this time guys it doesnt look any worst than 90% of what i see in the mountains towing toys all the time. Load it smartly and you should be ok. so what routes do you take????

Id be care full towing for a completely differnt reason though .............. theres a blue eyed fat guy following you ready to unhook your trailer at the next stop light so he can have the sweet mj :)

Leep said:
Nothing like being out in the middle of no where sucking on some suds knowing that you have a comfy place to lay your head.

Ain't that the truth!!!

Back