• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broken Middle Leaf

RªMB°

NAXJA Forum User
I broke the middle leaf inside the driver side leaf pack and it caused the U-Joint to break in 3spots. Either occured from Cleghorn or wheelin' with Skwerly. Where those pictures at?

Yep I always want pics to show people my madness.
We needa get together and have a Naxja Wall Madness night hehehe

RªMB° said:
I broke the middle leaf inside the driver side leaf pack and it caused the U-Joint to break in 3spots. Either occured from Cleghorn or wheelin' with Skwerly. Where those pictures at?

Ok Rambo.... I've been trying to figure out how a broke leaf can break a u-joint.. Did it shoot out and get stuck in your drive shaft?? Did you mean the U-BOLT?? :dunno: Got Pics??

Dude... Talk about a NAXJA Wall of Madness... I think you'll be right smack in the middle of it.. :D

E

The broken leaf put enough pressure on the driveshaft that it forced it forward and snapped it in 3places and broke off the u-joint clamp bolts in the yoke =(
No Pics
Started workin last week so with pay comes camera and jeep parts =)

LOL I like rubbing up against walls as long as my mirror doesnt break off or body damage =D

RªMB° said:
The broken leaf put enough pressure on the driveshaft that it forced it forward and snapped it in 3places and broke off the u-joint clamp bolts in the yoke =(
No Pics

LOL I like rubbing up against walls as long as my mirror doesnt break off or body damage =D
I had some thing simular happen on my old K-5 except my friend saw it happen, it was from the broken side flexing up and when the tire got traction it allowed the axle to shift forward and bind the u-joint thus wreaking havok. never heard of it happening on a xj though

I looked at his rig and his rear exle has shifted forward about an inch or two. The u-joint broke the crown of the cap with no obvious impact. The driver middle leaf is actually on top of the broken piece when I saw it. Anyway he is back on the road after I removed the broken bolts from his axle u-joint flange. I told him no 4x4 until he fixes the spring pack.:bunny:

RªMB° said:
No Pics

All I can say about "walls" Try the entrance to back door out at JV...

LOL after I build some rocker rails and got a new spring/leaf its all the walls I wanna try that I can "do" =)

Ill measure the spring tomorrow Rabbit...too tired from 4hours of sleep =(

Rabbit if you get this before I talk with you tomorrow the springs are 53" or 54" ± 1/2"

Back