• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water-Wetter ??

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have any input on these products.Were going to Ouray,Co in july.I'll be towing my trailer up there.Ever since I installed my trans cooler the engine tends to run about 5-10* hotter under heavier loads.Im a little concerned since Ive never towed the trailer at those elevations and possible grades!

I have used it.I did not notice any improvement in cooling.On the last flush& fill It went in again.
What can it hurt----- except the wallet. And I,m only at 600 ft.
Wayne

I use it in the whole fleet, 1 Windstar van, 1 08' JK and all 4 XJ's, with no ill results. I haven't overheated in anything yet and we just had our hottest summer on record.

It works, but the main benefit is going to be anti corrosion. It is designed to prevent electrolysis in the cooling system. Keeps scale up form accumulating.

I noticed a very slight drop when I first added it to my Jeep. Took me from a hair above 210* to just a hair below.

I run Royal Purples coolant treatment.

I always had an issue with my Jeep getting up over 210 uphill and at idle. One bottle of that in my coolant system cured that issue completely. I never use my aux fan anymore.

RCP Phx said:

ah you put it in the wrong location. tranny coolers dont belong infront of the radiator.....all it does is preheat the air going into the radiator, mine sits on the inner fender where the air box used to be and blows the air down. have the fan on an adjustable tstat that is set at 190*

this is a bugpak oil cooler with fan already installed. 79.99

picture.JPG

and I always delete the cooler in the radiator. works great and keeps the engine and tranny much cooler

i have used the product...jeep would heat up real bad almost to overheating...put in a new radiator cap and some water wetter and no more overheating and actually runs a good bit cooler on the highway

mcraindog said:
i have used the product...jeep would heat up real bad almost to overheating...put in a new radiator cap and some water wetter and no more overheating and actually runs a good bit cooler on the highway

that is the effect of putting on a good radiator cap, your other cap was faulty

mcraindog said:
well oviously but the watter watter made it run a good bit cooler on the highway

not necessarily just replacing the cap may have fixed the malfunctioning system, many dont realize how important the correct cap is to a cooling system

In my jeep there was little to no difference, In my subaru WRX it made a world of difference, dont know why but it keeps me about 10* cooler even when rallying,

rockwerks does that tranny cooler work very well, i have a stock one on my 88 but it still gets pretty damn hot.

max419 said:
In my jeep there was little to no difference, In my subaru WRX it made a world of difference, dont know why but it keeps me about 10* cooler even when rallying,

rockwerks does that tranny cooler work very well, i have a stock one on my 88 but it still gets pretty damn hot.

yep it keeps the temps under 210 unless really pushing it on major hills towing, never gets over 220

Back