• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UFO relais?

wim hoppenbrouwers

NAXJA Forum User
Hallo, I renewed a relais in mine 92 for the aftermarket roadlights. Everything is normal,but I discovered a drain. The relais was activated.when car shut off
I used a normal relais with 4 contacts #86 left #85right for the primair switch
and#30 under for input battery and up#87 to lights.Sofar everything normal I thought.. but I looked at the old relais, wich was total diff. #86 =30,
#30=86 Now I understand the problem. Question: Is this a normal relais?
Does anyone known these ? :confused1

Look down the page for the topic "5 pin relay wiring". 5-90 just posted a comprehensive article on relays and wiring. If your relay is properly wired, I would look for a device feeding current back into the circuit such as a headlight turnoff delay module.

2mcipn4.png

This works for Bosch, Hella and most other common automotive relais.

This is for the newer type

xcomdu.png

Thanks for you quick reply. Still is the Boschrelais (0332014451)from my problem a UFO relais. The different locations are mold into the plastic. The numbers with the purposes are right, but the locations are different.
I will contact Bosch tomorrow to ask them.
The connector opposite the horizontal#87 should be #30 but itisnt.:roll:

wim hoppenbrouwers said:
Uni:attom: dentified Flying Object. Something strange Out of space.
It almost has to be a French relais or manufactured for a French car, they are almost always bassakwords (assbackwords). :)

hahaha...UFO relais....from France...

JNickel101 said:
hahaha...UFO relais....from France...

Well. It was ofcourse a dangerous situation. The two drivinglights (100 watt each)use a lot of current. The big fused cable from the battery was only give 20 mamp to the relais and the big current find his way to the dash with the tiny switch and the thin cables. I was glad to do a drain test with the new ledtool!otherwise it was:flamemad: :flamemad:
The UFO relais was made in Germany and build in also.(Performance):laugh: :laugh:

wim hoppenbrouwers said:
Well. It was ofcourse a dangerous situation. The two drivinglights (100 watt each)use a lot of current. The big fused cable from the battery was only give 20 mamp to the relais and the big current find his way to the dash with the tiny switch and the thin cables. I was glad to do a drain test with the new ledtool!otherwise it was:flamemad: :flamemad:
The UFO relais was made in Germany and build in also.(Performance):laugh: :laugh:

I do have my answer about the relay.
There are several kinds of pin out configurations.
Normal are B with 4 pins and B1 with 5 pins. Both do have the #30 under
But there is also a strange type Pin out A. It looks like the B with normal 4 pins but the numbers are switched!! So, My advice is always to look at the backside of the relay!!.. In my jeep are a mix of these UFO things.
It is dangerous ,because the pinconfiguration is the same.
info:www.rallylights.com/hella/Relays.asp:clap:

Back