• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chitty chitty bang bang

jstone8952

NAXJA Forum User
i replaced the exhaust manifold about 4 months ago with a buddy and he left about 90% of the way through and i got stuck trying to figure out the vaccuum hoses, so i just blocked them all off cuz i had no idea and i couldnt find a helpfull diagram anywhere (dont understand half of them anyway) and it ran fine for quite a while... until now. it idles pretty darn rough and shakes rattles so bad it feels like its gonna die, but it hasnt yet. and its weird too, it drives fine, ill come to a stop light and it will run ok for up to 30 seconds smooth as a whistle, then it will just start sputtering, rpm drops to around 500 and i get the whole thing shaking and what not. now i know that blocking off the hoses wasnt the greatest idea, but i honestly have no clue where everything goes and ive seen 2 or 3 diagrams, but i just cant make head or tails of them. anyone have any insight?
thanks
kris

jstone8952 said:
i do this every time...
its an 89 4.0 laredo
lol

If 'ya put your info. in your sig. line you'd never have to remember again!!! :wave: :yelclap:

Good luck on your problem, BTW.

Check your manifold mounting bolts/nuts. They may have worked themselves loose. Also check your injector connections to make sure they're all tight.

injectors seem good and tight. have to get to the bolts at another time tho- don have any tools with me. a loose manifold bolt though?

Loose manifold = vacume leak = unhappy jeep owner.

Back