• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D-30/D-44 front

jeeperzcreeperz

NAXJA Forum User
ok, I saw a write up where a guy took a L.P rubicon 44 housing and used his d-30 outters. Is there any front end that would come with manual hubs that would fit the d-30?

Last edited:
rubi 44's use dana30 outers.

warn and milemarker make locking hub kits for dana30's. but they are around a grand. better off spent in a new front axle imo.

i see it possible to adapt 44 outers to a 30. will need to swap everything from the inner knuckle out including outer shaft which seems feasable on paper as they use the same u-joint, but that might pull the inner shaft out too far.

then custom shafts come into play, might as well 30 spline it while your there, which would require a new locker.

and by this time you might as well have used that money to build a 44 from the start.

I have never heard of EMS are they good?

you can always use outers from a cj d30. do a google search and see what you come up with. its a 5 on 5.5 pattern though. you could also use a warn conversion, but i think that is 5 on 5.5 pattern also.

I did the EMS kit over the New year's break...and Yeah EMS seems like the best deal, and VERY high quality!!!

I think if I cut the "c" off of the 44 and welded it on the 30 the rest would be ok.Not sure if the tube dia.. is the same. I would think the 44 outter axles would work with the 30 inners? Same u-joint.

Last edited:
The EMS kit uses Warn Hubs - whats different/additional with their kit compared with the actual Warn kit?

Back