• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cb antenna pics

on the roof in the back dead center. K40 is what I use. I used to have it on the swing out tire carrier until I sold it. Juice

I have a 4' firestik mounted on the passenger side quarter panel.

Mike

I used to have it mounted in the back center of the roof but I kept hitting it being so high. I now have it mounted on the opposite side of the hood to the radio antenna on a swivle mount so that it lays back (close to the roof) when not in use and is up strait on the trail.

It is a Wilson 1000 with about 4ft whip.

Michael

I have a lil wilson magnetic mount antenna right in the center of my roof perfect for 4 wheeling it will bend in a complete circle and the one or two times it did come off all I had to do was get out and stand it back upright IMO magnetic is the way to go.

I also second the hood mount, that's where I mounted my magnetic one after I found out it wouldn't stay on the roof in the woods.

I want to put mine on the rear tire carrier when I get the cash to buy one, but for now, I picked up a little galvanized gutter mount and mounted a short 2 fot whip to the rain gutter on the drivers side between the doors. I had to fab up a little cross brace that went over to the rain gutter to lock everything in place, but now it is rock solid. I acctually like this mount, so I may keep this for a while. I ran the cable right down between the doors.

jeepside2.jpg

The biggest problem is finding somewhere it will not beat the snot out of your XJ on the trail. I think the best place is on a swing-away tire carrier... I didn't have one so I followed some advice I got here.

I used a door jam mount to mount a 4' firestik above the tail light assembly. I wish I had a good picture handy but I don't. This was the best ones I could find quickly:

Picture From Far Away

Closer but dark and hard to see

I'm sure someone has a close up of the same thing. Basically I drilled some holes above the tail light assembly and placed the mount there. The hatch closes over the mount just like a door would normally do.

One tip I leaned on the trail: Place the mount so that the antenna is as far back as possible. The mount should bend towards the rear of the XJ. You wouldn't think that it makes much difference but it dramatically reduces how much the antenna hits the Jeep.

-Brian

BTW: If you really need some close up pictures let me know.

Back