• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TC Drop Problems!!!

buschwhaked

NAXJA Forum User
I tried to drop my TC today only one of the two bolts on either side is removable. The unremovable bolts seems to be spot welded into the frame. Any suggestions on how to drop my TC w/o removing the welded bolt?

You will have a bolt on each side and a nut on each side. The nut is in a stud that is in a welded nut uin the frame rail. Get a stud remover.

HEAT IS VERY IMPORTANT! if you break one and you have to drill it out it will end up beeing a 1/2" bolt or at least mine was by the time i had the bolt completely removed.

X2 on the heat. Either a stud remover or a couple of nuts. If they slip weld them on. If no welder, then i suggest some Map gas for heat and some Deep Creep penetrating spray. Heat then spray. It will shock it and pull the oil into the threads and make it a little easier. TAKE YOUR TIME!

Good luck.

Back