• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

nates 4x4

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
anyone got the nates 4x4 front bumper? looking at a cheap winch front bumper and that is the lowest one i have found. only like $310 if i dont get the guard on it,

if you feel like reading, here is what i did and found alot of info on nates 4x4 bumper:

go to advanced search
type in, nates, in the "find by key word" box
select modified tech, in search forum(s) query
then hit search now

i found a bunch of posts that give opinions and pictures.

i have a nates front winch bumper on my 94. i got the 97-01 with the wrap around sides, and it looks great with my cut fenders. the mounting plates are much stronger and mounts in more than just 3 holes per side. i have the older model were the winch mounts on top, i like the look of new recessed model better and i think it's the same price. if i figure out how to put pics. on here i will.

I was thinking of getting this bumper, but it appears it only uses two of the three steering box bolts. I thought it mounted in 6 places on each side, is this right? Can someone chime in and clear this up for me? Thanks.

I have his winch bumber, and mine mounts in about 6 or 7 bolt holes on each side.... 12-14 in all. I will also say that it is Super Tough. Mine has stood up to everything I can throw at it. (or throw it at :) )

Hmmm. I was just looking at the pics of his bumpers on his site and since I hear he doesn't answer his emails, I was hoping to get some info from some of you guys. It looks like it only hits 2 of the three PS box bolts. Here is a pic where I circled them. Also, what is that big hole in the end of the brace for?

g.jpg

Here is a link to the bumpers on his site..

http://www.nates4x4.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=77

It looks like all of the bumpers have the same bolt configuration. Thanks for any info you guys can offer.

Tommy4949 said:
Hmmm. I was just looking at the pics of his bumpers on his site and since I hear he doesn't answer his emails, I was hoping to get some info from some of you guys. It looks like it only hits 2 of the three PS box bolts. Here is a pic where I circled them. Also, what is that big hole in the end of the brace for?

g.jpg

Here is a link to the bumpers on his site..

http://www.nates4x4.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=77

It looks like all of the bumpers have the same bolt configuration. Thanks for any info you guys can offer.

Isn't that hole for the sleeved hole in the fram behind the steering box?

Tommy4949 said:
, what is that big hole in the end of the brace for?

g.jpg

The big hole is for a big bolt that goes through the corresponding hole in the unibody.
I have both Nates front & rear bumpers, They installed easy, everything lined up. They are rock solid.

Back