• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

running with out steering stabilizer ??

ranger125

NAXJA Forum User
hi , i was wondering how many ppl run without one of these ?? i have a 44/9 combo and am just about done it , i am running high steer (crossover) and i was lookin fer a nice place to mount it but its tight in there so ??? comments , suggestions??

Well I'm still using the stock steering stabilizer on my 99 XJ that's lifted 3.5", but I still have the stock size tires now it, so...

ranger125 said:
hi , i was wondering how many ppl run without one of these ?? i have a 44/9 combo and am just about done it , i am running high steer (crossover) and i was lookin fer a nice place to mount it but its tight in there so ??? comments , suggestions??

You don't need one.

On my sons Toy we mounted if off the steering box side,it actually has much better angles from there(pivoting with the motion).We built a custom bracket for both sides.
Btw:I should mention Im looking to do the same off my RE trackbar mount(frame side) for my OTK set-up!
stablizerbracket.jpg

crossover.jpg

Last edited:
no stabilizer on my trail rig, but I just put on the new JCR one ton cross over steering and it wont accept a factory set up stabilizer and there is not enough room to put one on there anyhow. no problems with bump steer or road craziness....

Back