• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bushings on a stock D30

XJ88User

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I'm swapping out a front D30 on a non modified MJ, I was wondering if anyone has inputs as to what bushing I should go with?
OEM for same ride? Something else for longevity or maybe something else is just better than the stock rubber?
I know how to do it, what I'm looking for is the opinion of what to do since most of you on this forum have way more experience in much tougher applications and uses.
Hoping to have the same longevity of the stock part, and I know this doesn't happen in aftermarket all the time.
Looking for any inputs on the bushings or upgrades to this area of the Jeep, and manufactures that you have used and liked when you did your.

Thanks

CA bushings I assume?

I'd go rubber. Sounds like it's a DD so deffinatley rubber. Poly will transfer alot of unwanted vibration. My stock replacements came from NAPA.

I was going to do all of the bushings, LCA, UCA and the ones on the axle to be safe as I have no clue as to the history of the Jeep and it previous abuses.
I figure it would be worth the cash for the piece of mind since my wife will be driving it most of the time, she seems to have taken a liking to the MJ.

get the crown auto arms. For about $20 a piece you get new arms with bushings already installed. and if you have to mangle an arm to get it off then you'll have replacements.
Probably not as big an issue for you in TX, but it's SOP here in the midwest.

Back