• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

different year seats?

Mopar It

NAXJA Forum User
got an 89' with a headrest slightly more comfortable than a brick and ive seen some nice solid one piece headrest seats at my junkyard, jsut curious if any year cherokee seats will fit into my 89 laredo (non power seats)

was wondering the same thing. i got an 89 XJ limited with powerseats. but my seats dont work anymore. so im on the market for either the whiole seat & motor assembly or just the motor/rail assembly. the local yard wants $35 for the rail/motor.

Motor is not side-specific so grab whatever whenever. The mounts are side-specific obviously.

Given how often the mounts changed I looked elsewhere. I got some S10 Blazer seats and going to try and fab them in whenever they get here. If that doesn't work I'll get some ZJ/WJ seats and fab those in.

yea, i keep looking a new set of aftermarket ones for my XJ.....but anything thats actually for an XJ is spendy as hell, and i refuse to pay 500 bucks for one seat (i have 2DR) at this point in time i think it'd be easier to buy a set of the besttop trailready seats in the color i want, buy 2 bases from corbeau.com, then figure out how to build a bracket for the seats that would work w/ new bases.

the seats in my jeep arent power anyways. as a matter of fact, none of my seats in any of my rigs are lol.

and i have heard the corbeau seats are pretty comfy.

the seat would be comfortable if something inside of it wasnt busted and making it tilt to one side. right now i have the back seat tilted forward to brace the drivers seat. so i will try to find a set of comfortable seats then just do a swap of both (have this issue w/ stuff not matching)

ladywolf said:
the seat would be comfortable if something inside of it wasnt busted and making it tilt to one side. right now i have the back seat tilted forward to brace the drivers seat. so i will try to find a set of comfortable seats then just do a swap of both (have this issue w/ stuff not matching)
Those seat shells were problematic. If you have some access to a wire feed welder or a person who has one, it's not all that hard to fix. The covers on those seats zip off*, and the foam is in one piece. The shells crack and the frames come apart in ways that are not that hard to fix and reinforce.

* except for the top of the back, which is retained by the headrest sockets. When repairing, it's easier just to leave it attached there and bunch it out of the way.

Back