• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cat-back exhaust...

Deyman

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if Borla makes a cat back system for a 97+ xj? I'm trying to get a package deal through Quadratec for the headers and cat back system. I can only seem to find for 96 and older. I also heard somewhere that there may be some need for modification of the header to fit the automatic tranny. Anyone else heard this?

What's everyone else using in the exhaust department?

I'm getting a header, I just haven't decided which one yet. I like the million mile warranty from Borla. The Banks header looks pretty sweet though. Anyone have it? I don't really want to go the cheap route and have to do this over in a few years.

Deyman

Borla's site says that it fits up to 97, but you might want to call me or check it out. borla.com

I have there cat back exhaust. Couldn't be happier with it. I got tired of replacing them every two years. For the header, Borla and Banks you make the call. I went the cheap route and paid for it with a late night swap of it for the old stock one. So you really get what you pay for. If you get one get the down tube with it. Just my .02. Juice

I think it's going to be the Borla header. The main reason is the warranty. The Banks rep said they carry a 5 year unlimited warranty, after that it is prorated. Hmmmm, let's see, one million miles (borla) or five years (Banks). Plus the outstanding reputation of Borla. I plan on calling them tomorrow to see what they have for a cat back. Quadratec was selling header and cat back package deal for Wranglers at $610. The stealership wanted that much for the stock manifold, right!

thanks for your .02

Deyman

Back