• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Digging it Idea

94XJ2door5speed

NAXJA Forum User
So this is for those of you with twin sticks but wish you had independent front and rear brake controlability. Last summer my friend mike and I installed a line locker in reverse on his 98" TA LS1. If any of you know anything about this car it is sick from the factory but withh all wheel disc brakes it is not to keen on brake stands(not that there needed the tires will spin through 3rd from a dead stop) The reason is the rear disc's grab to well which is what they were intended to do. Well him being the stunt driver he is didn't just want to lock the front wheels solid like a typical line locker does. Instead we installed the line locker on the rear brake line to completley cut the rear brakes off. This allowed full control of the front brakes allowing for those controlled S'S that go on for about a half mile without losing any rear brake material. So my idea was to install two of these in the same fashion. One on the front brakes and one on the rear brakes with 2 switches. This would allow you to use just the front or just the rear but still maintain that factory bias with the ease of a single pedal when both are off.(especially good for stick shifts) Don'y know if it worth the money or not but if its not a dedicated trail rig and you don't have 2 brake pedals it would work great.

Back