• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone Running 32"s or 33"s BFG AT's

Monkey55

NAXJA Forum User
Hey..

Is there anyone around here running 32" or 33" BFG All Terrains??
I just went from 30'ish MTR's to 33" BFG Mud Terrians. The BFG's are definitely smoother and a tad bit quieter.

However....

I'm wondering what the 32" or 33" All Terrains sound and feel like driving on the highway.. Maybe I can convince someone to take me for a test drive.. ;)

E

EliasJ123 said:
Hey..

I just went from 30'ish MTR's to 33" BFG Mud Terrians. The BFG's are definitely smoother and a tad bit quieter.

However....

I'm wondering what the 32" or 33" All Terrains sound and feel like driving on the highway.. Maybe I can convince someone to take me for a test drive.. ;)

DOH.. This should not have been in the FS forum.. Can someone move??

E

LOL

I just took mine off and put on Baja Claws :D

I love highway hum:cheers:

EliasJ123 said:
Hey..

However....

E

Rick Lee is running 33" BFG AT. They drive pretty well and are not that loud.

His ID is rick_1710

Dennis

Leep said:
Rick Lee is running 33" BFG AT. They drive pretty well and are not that loud.

His ID is rick_1710

Dennis

Dude, Tony has 33" BFG AT's. He has run the Muds and the Bajas. His truck is super quiet too so he should be able to tell you or give you a ride. Want to take those new 33's out this weekend?

I got 33x10.5 BFG AT's on my XJ

I choose em because of their road manners and they hold their own on the trail, depending on what you wheel.

I don't DD my XJ, the kid uses it to go to High School, but I do run BFG AT's on my DD 2WD Excursion. 90K + miles out of one set.

88trailcrawler said:

I choose em because of their road manners and they hold their own on the trail, depending on what you wheel.

I don't DD my XJ, the kid uses it to go to High School, but I do run BFG AT's on my DD 2WD Excursion. 90K + miles out of one set.

I also run them on my MJ & they are not very noisey at all. I am sure if there was any noise it would be different between the XJ & a MJ.

silverslk said:
Dude, Tony has 33" BFG AT's. He has run the Muds and the Bajas. His truck is super quiet too so he should be able to tell you or give you a ride. Want to take those new 33's out this weekend?

Tony's out there in the 909, right?? The rig is going to be out-of-commission for a couple of days.. Maybe in a week or two I'll be ready to go out..

88trailcrawler said:

Part of the equation is that my XJ is my DD. What part of OC are you in?? Would you be willing to take me for a spin??

Where's rick_1710 from??

Thanks,
E

I run the BFG 33" AT's. They are great tires. They have sturdy sidewalls and are very quiet on the road. I ran the Pro Comp AT's before and was very happy with them also.

E, if you want the most streetable and quiet tires that you can still do decent wheeling with than the BFG ATs are the way to go. Much quieter than the MTs. And MUCH better wet traction on the road.

corbinafly said:
E, if you want the most streetable and quiet tires that you can still do decent wheeling with than the BFG ATs are the way to go. Much quieter than the MTs. And MUCH better wet traction on the road.

Wet traction on the road is overrated!!! haha

I am running 33" BFG AT's and I am right around the corner.
Drop me a line for a drive

Brendan_91XJ said:
I am running 33" BFG AT's and I am right around the corner.
Drop me a line for a drive

Sweet.. I didn't know that.. I should have asked at the M&G.. How's your weekend looking??

It looks like AT's are the way I might be going.. That's unless... I get a V8 & 4speed tranny for my '55 Chevy.. :D

E

Yo E.......i am in the 909, across the 91 and the 15 fwy....if you want a cruise in a ragtop, hit me up. I will turn on the neon and everything!!

tcm glx said:
Yo E.......i am in the 909, across the 91 and the 15 fwy....if you want a cruise in a ragtop, hit me up. I will turn on the neon and everything!!

You're dope, man. I knew you got my back cuz you're down with brown like that.. :rof::rof::rof:

LOL... Seriously.. cool.. Brendan's right down the street from me.. Thanks...

E

Back