• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What joints to use?

I prefer the RE joints for their ease of adjustment and rebuilding.

lowrange2 said:
I have never handled JJs but I have some RE joints. Looks to me that they are pretty much the same exact thing...

RE joints have a threaded collar (that one can adjust/tighten up) while the JJs are held together (and preloaded by) with a cup spring retained by a large 'c-clip'

other wise pretty similar in function... but a totally different technique to service.

Is one better than the other? :dunno: my Currie lowers have JJs at each end and my RE uppers have the superflex joints at the frame end. Neither have required servicing yet, so I can't say. Neither one appears to be rocket surgery though....

what about the joins sold by PORC?i bought a bunch of these when they had a sale a long time ago.im just using them now in a project and had to take them apart for welding.all around the quality looks very good except that the plastic cups inside that surround the ball are not machined and look as if they are injection molded.they are not a solid pc but have ribs.im wondering now if these are going to hold up as well as the others you are describing.

lol...rocket surgery....i like that...

are the currie joints the same as the JKS ones? Never used them, but they look pretty awesome...

I think JKS makes all of Curries JJ,(or vice-versa) but not 100% sure. Either case I have the Currie JJ LCA's and JJ HD TracBar and with about 20k on them both on road and moderate wheelin' they are still tight.

No issues!

Back