• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

receiver recovery shackle/ recovery points

xjjk

NAXJA Forum User
anyone know where you can pick one of these up in the SGV area? Where else can one mount D rings etc without having a 300 dollar bumper?

That it. Go to 4wheel parts. They have the receiver D-ring shackle things in stock. That will sort you out in the back. For the front with a stock bumper......hit the yard and pick up FACTORY tow hook brackets (both sides). That will work until you buy a expensive bumper. haha

Thanks.

any idea how often they turn over "stock" in the pick a part? I went there last week and there wasn't sheet to pick from...

Those stock tow hooks and brackets are hard to find sometimes. Just keep looking. Try heading down to the PAP and ecology in Long Beach.

cal said:
These arent as good as OEM but are easy to find.

http://custom4x4fabrication.com/recovery.html#brackets

After owning the C4x4 brackets and pulling some OEM brackets at the yard, the C4x4 are pretty much the same. The only difference I saw in mounting is that the OEM brackets have a small strap that goes from the bottom of the bracket (where the hook mounts) to the bottom of the frame rail.

silverslk said:
That it. Go to 4wheel parts. They have the receiver D-ring shackle things in stock. That will sort you out in the back. For the front with a stock bumper......hit the yard and pick up FACTORY tow hook brackets (both sides). That will work until you buy a expensive bumper. haha

Monrovia PAP has a white xj with front factory skid plate and tow hooks. I was going to buy them but they had the stands holding up the car resting on them. I didn't have enough patience to move the stands....

DAMN. today I have kids w/me... don't think I can take them there.:flamemad:

NOPE. I knew mine weren't as good as stock brackets. Thats why I got stuck trying to get around bassthumb so I could use my receiver hitch.

Dewey said:
Monrovia PAP has a white xj with front factory skid plate and tow hooks. I was going to buy them but they had the stands holding up the car resting on them. I didn't have enough patience to move the stands....
Every time I find a set, that's usually the case or they're already bent up from a front end collision. I finally stacked some tires underneath one and pulled the stands out of the way to get to them......sketchy, though. You might try the Ontario yard, I've had great luck there, that place is a goldmine for XJ and Toyota stuff! Don't even consider the dealer.....special order and outrageously priced! 4WD Hardware sells these: http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=3804 wrong picture, though. I'll keep my eyes open for a set and pick them up if I come across them...... I'm always going to the J/Us.......I'm a junkyard junkie:D-------Hans

Hey Hans, thanks for keeping an eye out. I like to get out to the yards myself from time to time, but since I'm virtually next door to the monrovia pap I go there...ontario was where I went on Jan 1 when they had a big sale, so I know what you're referring to by gold mine.

Back