• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IRON ROCK OFFROAD

I don't know anybody who has, but for that price, I would just get a T-N-T Y-Link upgrade....same price and it comes with a belly skid.

I haven't run that kit but i did just get their trackbar bracket and that looks to be really well made.

And the link posted includes bilstein shocks, just the long arm upgrade is like $550 which is a bit less then TnT. For around the same price you could also look in to the rockkrawler long arm kit.

9T3XJ said:
I haven't run that kit but i did just get their trackbar bracket and that looks to be really well made.

And the link posted includes bilstein shocks, just the long arm upgrade is like $550 which is a bit less then TnT. For around the same price you could also look in to the rockkrawler long arm kit.

cool i am looking at that trackbar set up!

i have not seen anything about the LA kit but that is not a bad deal for 4 shocks and long arms - even though a little different design, it looks well made

Got any pics of it installed? i'd like to see how it looks with the stock brackets still in place!

maybe i'm retarded... but I dont see any adjustability in that setup... and if so i'd run the other way... It also doesnt look like there's many mounting points to the vehicle (2 bolts @ xmember, 2 bolts @ lower mounts)... I'd still weld it anyway... For that $$ I'd go w/ RK's 3-link...

Last edited:
JNickel101 said:
Got any pics of it installed? i'd like to see how it looks with the stock brackets still in place!

I dont have any pics of my rig with me at the moment. (in class)

Here is one of the Iron Rock boys rigs.

ironrock.jpg

The REAR of the LA bracket gets bolted under the cross member. The FRONT of the bracket gets bolted to the lower control arm mount on the unibody.

mudxj92 said:
hey i was just looking on there and you can order those long arms adjustable.!

How so? the only adjustment I see is for caster at the upper control arm mount... and that's accomplished w/ some form of bracket... I just dont see what you're getting for the price...

I see it now... for $100.00 I'd guess it's only adjustable on 1 end.... So now for $650.00 you can have some adjustability.. WOW it's worth it now...

RK's 3-link w/ (3) full length arms (lowers adjustable on each end, upper adjustable on the frame end), 1/4" mounts, new bushing for the UCA at the axle, hardware... something like $550 shipped or less...

uncc civilengineer said:
I see it now... for $100.00 I'd guess it's only adjustable on 1 end.... So now for $650.00 you can have some adjustability.. WOW it's worth it now...

RK's 3-link w/ (3) full length arms (lowers adjustable on each end, upper adjustable on the frame end), 1/4" mounts, new bushing for the UCA at the axle, hardware... something like $550 shipped or less...

$473 shipped at DC4wd

I didnt pay $550. I paid allot less. These guys are local and wanted to keep my business local. I was going to go with the RK kit. Two other guys in the area have there kit and love it. Dont like the TNT kit because of the belly pan design. I like having a seperate belly pan.

My rambling paragraph is now done. :)

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread but...
How does this kit ride on the road? I'm considering having 1 or both of my Teraflex Upper arms welded to the Tera lower long arms.

I can see that the axle would want to twist at full flex with 4 arms connected when wheeling. Going to a 3 link would definately fix that and allow it to flex more.

The thing that concerns me is how much the axle twists when stopping. I drove home with the pass upper arm removed after it spit out a bushing in Moab and the front end felt a little funny when I hit the brakes.

I heard somewhere that this was a bit of an issue with the Rock Krawler kit.

ditch the rubber bushings and 10mm bolts first.

run a heim or rebuildable joint, wham-o no front axle wrap

ktm racer 419 said:
ditch the rubber bushings and 10mm bolts first.

run a heim or rebuildable joint, wham-o no front axle wrap

Actually, I did replace the bushings with Teraflex Superflex joints. I haven't tried running with 3 arms since then though. I'll have to try it.
That will seriously stop the axle wrap?

Is there any other concerns with eliminating one of the upper arms?

I put my Iron Rock long arm upgrade in after being very happy with the track bar and mout, bought all of it through a local dealer at a reduced price. I have run the long arms for about a month now and am nothing but pleased with it. I cut the old mounts offf because the parts will outlast my 89 anyway. I only have a 4" and 31s and at full stuff the arms clear the stock mounts. You will need to limit downtravel somehow though, and make sure your brakelines are long enough.

IMG_2087.jpg

wannajeep said:
I put my Iron Rock long arm upgrade in after being very happy with the track bar and mout, bought all of it through a local dealer at a reduced price. I have run the long arms for about a month now and am nothing but pleased with it. I cut the old mounts offf because the parts will outlast my 89 anyway. I only have a 4" and 31s and at full stuff the arms clear the stock mounts. You will need to limit downtravel somehow though, and make sure your brakelines are long enough.

downtravel shouldn't be an issue. I'm just worried about axle wrap.

HellsRevenge2.jpg

Back