• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE SuperRide -v- SuperFlex

Topher

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 XJ and am considering either the RE SuperRide or SuperFlex 3.5 lift kit. I won't to run 31x10.5's on 15x7 or 15x8 rims. Right know, I see myself doing limited wheeling and it being my daily driver. I would however like it to be a fairly capable off road vehicle. Basically, I want the best of both worlds.

Which kit do you think would suit my needs best. :dunno:

Also, I have read a ton about drive line vibration and figure I should do the "Hack and Tap" and new drive shaft. I don't know a lot about this stuff and I am learning a lot by reading you posts. :yelclap:

I would like to get everything and do it right the first time. If there is anything else you think I should do please let me know.

Thanks
Topher

For your case, the RE 3.5" super ride kit with REAR LEAF PACKS, not AAL, and you should be fine... You dont need to drop your tcase OR do an sye, and youll still be fine with vibes... if you get vibes, use washer and drop the crossmember 1/2" and youll be fine.....

The super ride kits do flex good too, and a MUCH better than stock on road ride.. as long as you stay away from AAL!!

The super ride comes with poly bushings on both sides of the LCAs and the super-flex comes with a spherical bearing on one end. The bushings will transmit less road noise and keep things smoother and quieter, but with a spherical bearing on only one side of the LCA, it shouldn't be too much difference in ride comfort either way. The SYE is a good idea too.

BTW, I've had an AAL for over 3 years now and don't mind how it rides at all. I've never had a full pack to compare it to, but it's not so stiff with the AAL that it bothers me and I've never had a problem with it. Mine is a full-length AAL (Skyjacker).

I agree with speed racer stick with the packs and depending on the year you might have to drop the t-case but try not to since it hangs low enough as is.

Normally you only want a shim if you have the SYE installed, so that the pinion points directly at the transfer case. If you don't have the SYE, you want the pinion parallel to the transfer case output, not pointing at it.

First the Super-ride arms use rubber bushings not poly.Second the odds of needing a SYE kit are extremely high.Do you have the D35 or the C 8.25".

Back