• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front hp d44

is there a company that sells bracketry or would i have to find a d30 to get the spring pads and control arm brackets off of?, and of course its full width, so anything particular to search for to learn how to shave it?

yeah, i was planning on trussing, well thanks for the info, would plan on going to a d44 rear of course, i dont need to go wild, but anyone on the full width thing?

what would the correct forum b? lol, (no seriously were should it be? its a mod so, mod tech...) yeah and i feel bad, ive already gained a wealth of knowledge, the red is coming soon!

97XJ2 said:
what would the correct forum b? lol, (no seriously were should it be? its a mod so, mod tech...) yeah and i feel bad, ive already gained a wealth of knowledge, the red is coming soon!

I think the rule of thumb is that the tech forums are for learning... and I don't mean learning how much something should cost. ;) I would say the correct forum would be non-tech.

Billy

PS - I'm a little moody tonight :anon:

97XJ2 said:
ok so its out of a leaf sprung '78 ford, is it worth the 250 as a starting point? some of you will help i kno :) ill take your honest opinions http://greenbay.craigslist.org/pts/527305627.html

Prices vary a lot. The HP D44s are very popular around here and not easy to find.
The auto recyclers around here know what they are worth.
I looked for a few months for one that was local as shipping an axle can cost as much as the axle itself. I paid $300, it came with 5 lug and 8 lug outers, new calipers, and new ball joints still in the box. So I figured it was worth it.

I paid $125.00 ffor my '77 F-150 HP D44 with the weld on mounts and 1/2" wall axle tubes. I could have bought a complete F-250 HP D44 from a '78 for $125.00 also.

They sold me a '79 Bronco 9" rear axle for $75.00 also.

yeah, that went thru my head too, do i wanna deal w/ custom shafts etc? how much wider is full width than whats stock?

97XJ2 said:
yeah, that went thru my head too, do i wanna deal w/ custom shafts etc? how much wider is full width than whats stock?

Stock is about 60.5". F-150 HP D44 is 65". F-250 HP D44 is 67".

Back