• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tempermental Clutch/ Searched

PosiDave

NAXJA Forum User
I thoguth my clutch went about a week and a half ago. the usual was happening. wouldnt shift in and out of gears. it would want to move when you were in neutral etc. This happened out of nowhere about 4 days after I got stuck in some sand and water. The jeep sat in there for about 5 hours til we could dig the axles and everything out. The jeep sat on it's frame all over by the time it fully sank and we got back to it. I started it today and now it shifts completely fine as it did before. I drove about 5 miles not wanting to test it to much. The day after I got stuck til the day I thought it went it was a little hard to shift in and out it would sort of stick but nothing bad. It's a 96 XJ 4.0 High output, its got 228k on the original clutch. I am wondering if it could have just been water in the slave cylinder or clutch/ Or if the Clutch went and is just working now since it sat for 10 days.

Thanks alot. Do you think I should pull everything and check the clutch to make sure everything is fine and dandy?

Back