• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduction

Spd9075

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone. I just wanted to take a few min. to introduce myself. I have been hanging out around JeepsUnlimited forum...thats how I heard of NAXJA.

Anyway, I just purchased my first Jeep about a month ago....a '93 XJ country with 140k break-in miles. I'm really enjoying it so far. Obviously I am in constant search for ideas, info. and valued opinions.....sooo.....here I am.

I read the threads on the run comming up at Hot Springs in a few months. I live in central Arkansas, so dropping by wouldn't be a problem, but my XJ is not a 4wd. I'm sure I couldn't make any runs, but I'd like to come to hang out, meet/greet, ask a lot of questions and snap a few pics. Is there anything for a noob with a 2wd to do there or would I just be in the way and out of place? I'd like to take my daughter and camp overnight.....the trip sounds like a blast.

Anyway, glad to be here and I hope to see ya on the forums.

Welcome.

All of the lvl 1's and level 2's are doable stock 2wd, and there are even a few level 3's that could be made with the right line and finesse.

I love Arkansas. My dad was born and raised close to Perryville. I have a lot of great childhood memories from visiting up there. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I kind of have something in common with all the RRC states......my childhood was spent growing up on a farm in Oklahoma, I graduated high school from a small town in Texas, went to college in Louisiana and I now reside in Arkansas. So I guess I can kind of relate to everyone here.:D

I just wrapped my daily driver with some A/T 235/75/15's and hope to have a 2" budget boost on it by March....along with some other stuff....so hopefully when the time comes I will have joined NAXJA and will be ready to meet you guys at Hot Springs.....(I wasn't sure if they even allowed 2wd's in the park)

Thanks again for the welcome....

Sell it before you invest in it and find a 4wd, you'll be wishing you had when your converting it to 4wd later :D

Ramsey said:
Sell it before you invest in it and find a 4wd, you'll be wishing you had when your converting it to 4wd later :D

Nah...no such thing as having too many XJ's, right? I plan on building this up as a mild commuter....then later in the year pick up a 4wd for my weekend fun. I have grown accustomed to having two cars and I just sold my mustang to a friend so I will need to replace my 2nd vehic before long.....with a 4wd.

sounds like a good plan

Out of the 5 Xjs I've had 2 where 2wd. The first one was a 87 XJ. It was my first jeep, didn't know any beter. Then I traded it out for my 92 XJ 4wd, after Wheeling it I was hooked. While I was in the Army I got transfered over seas and had to sell all my toys. When I got back I bought the second 2wd a 99, What a mistake that was. The whole time I owned it a was wishing for that missing 4wd shifter.

Yeah, the more I get into this, the more I want that xtra shifter myself. I have been toying with the idea of fixing this one up this year....cleaning it up a bit...making it mechanically sound, then giving it to my dad as a gift. He has been wanting one, but doesn't have the cash. I figured I could drive this one for a while until I find a good 4wd for myself. I could always keep it as originally planned and have two, but I may just suprise him....dunno yet.

Back