• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is a 3.5 inch offset bad?

jimmydaux

NAXJA Forum User
How bad is it to run 15x8 wheels with a 3.5 inch offset with 31's? I just picked up a set for dirt cheap and they look great, and give my 98 xj a nice wide stance, but was wondering if there would be any super adverse effects of having a smaller offset that really desired. Any input would be nice, unless its input telling me to buy new wheels, because I dont wanna do that =)

I wouldn't think so. As far as I see it...you increased your stance by .5" over what most people I know that run a 3.75" BS. I can't see that causing any material negative consequences.

it's not gonna do anything....i've been running a 2" offset with 15x10" wheels for a while and i think it's actually a little better for mud but worse for trail riding

i have 15x8's with 3.25 bs with 31's on 3" lift. it rubs a little on full lock if you haven't trimmed and still have factory flares on. so 3.5 should be alright, might rub a little.

Well thats good to hear. Ive just got 30x9.50 all terrains on them now, but I'll be getting some 31's or 32's pretty quick. The wider stance sure makes the lift look proportionally smaller though. At least it seems that way to me. Im glad they wont cause me too many problems. THanks for the input fellas.

Jeremy

Back