• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ knuckle with OEM XJ steering

law.74

NAXJA Forum User
Yeah, yeah I know it sounds dumb, but hear me out.

I have a HP D30 for a nearly stock '00 XJ. The plan was to do the cross-over steering at the same time as the knuckles. The problem is I have very little spare time before I need to move and don't want to lug an extra housing across the country. This would save me much fab time on the HP housing before the move because when I do the OAB, I'll also "need" to do sway bar tabs, trussing, LCA skids, and so on.

So. Can the WJ knuckles be used at 1-2" of lift with OEM XJ draglink and tierod and an adj TB at stock location? Also, what is the minimum lift height to use the WJ high-steer arm and JKS OAB? TIA

Below are two photos of a WJ passenger knuckle on top of an XJ drivers knuckle.

52cgoo.jpg
2h88di8.jpg

I have WJ knuckles with the JKS over the axle trac bar bracket and custom steering. I would think you could use the stock steering without the OAB bracket, but you may not be able to turn fully lock to lock. Which would be fine temporarily. Don't forget though that you also need to weld on some spacers to the knuckles.

Thank you for your reply.

What ride height are you at up front? In your opinion what would the minimum lift height be with the WJ knuckles and the JKS OAB?

Yeah, I should have mentioned the knuckle welding if for no other reason than to prove I'm not completely ignorant.

Thanks again

I'm at about 6.5" lift in the front. I don't know without looking at things (namely oil pan clearance) on a lower rig. If you completely compress the passenger side, then hold a string from the tracbar frame mount over to where the OAB will mount, that should tell you how high you could mount it.

Back