• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

speedo gears

magimerlin

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 89 cherokee. I have a 3.5" lift with 30's and 3.55 gears. When tires these tires wear out I am going to 31's but for know... At my current set-up I am in need of a 33 toth speedo gear. But they are on back order. How off would my speedo be if I put on a 32 tooth speedo gear so that later down the line I will be all set to put on the 31's?

You need to go to Marcus' (GoJeep) web site and look at the gear part number chart to make sure you order the correct gear....my local Jeep dealer didn't even know there were two different "long" gear types...with the help of the chart, I figured out which gear I needed...and there is a wealth of other info for mods that he came up with....:cheers:

After checking for the correct part number you might just want to check with these guys. They have often had the part I needed when others said it was no longer available or on backorder. www.chryslerpartsdirect.com

Iwent to (GOJEEP) that is where I found what tooth count I needed. As far as chryslerpartsdirect goes I tried them, they are on back order on the part.

All Quadratec has are the "short" gears used in Wranglers...I know, I tried them when I was looking for my gear...I used a Dealership in Jersey on the internet..if I can find the paperwork I will post the site...but it has been some time ago..

89xj said:
got mine at the dealership for $10

My dealer is on back order, for the one that I really need that is. That is why I was asking about the differance between the 32 tooth for the 31's and the 33 tooth that I need for the 30's I have at the moment.

I have 30's and stock speedo gear. To check gas mileage would I take my total miles on tank times 3% and add it to my total miles to figure gas mileage.

Back