• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cages D and C

themud

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I picked up a DandC 4 door cage for my xj and am not sure how much triangulation I want/need to add to it to make it safe for the fam and me... The biggest problem Im having is beefing up the A bar across the top without loosing the ability to look out the front window and behind the b pillar without not being able to get at my child in the back seat?? Ive looked on here and pirate and not found the answers Im looking for if you have pics of your cage and can still access the back seat from the front(IE lean back into the rear to reach stuff) post up pics for me... The C pillar problem Ive solved I going to make a C pillar and mount it at an angle behind the back seat and weld it to the floor so that should help the rear...The other problem is Im 6' 4" tall that pretty much eliminates any bars going over my head so keep that in mind...

I got booger welds to grind off and tube to pick up so fire away with your ideas folks...

thanks
themud

factory headliner is staying in must have some overhead insulation here in AZ other what little brain I have left will fry:looney:
themud

ps the cage isnt in yet I just cut it out of another xj last week and want to do so work before I put it in like all the overhead stuff after I get it in Ill take care of the sides and back...

I can reach back to get to my daughter when she is sitting in the middle.... thats the exact reason i did it like this. Also you can still sit behind both front seats.

PIC-0135.jpg

PIC-0137.jpg

I dont have any pics of the floor.... but its all welded to plate & to the floor at 4 places. It also ties into body at the roof , at 4 points, with sandwich plates either side of the roof..... and connects to the exo.

PIC-0105.jpg

Saw this build on Pirate and am going to model mine after it but Im not using and exo on it for the roof so all my triangulation has to be in the inside of the vehicle... Just wondering how the B pillars and A pillars would hold up on this after a roll??? Not doubting your build but have you tested it yet??
thanks
themud

mattyj said:
I can reach back to get to my daughter when she is sitting in the middle.... thats the exact reason i did it like this. Also you can still sit behind both front seats.

PIC-0135.jpg

PIC-0137.jpg

No i havent flopped it yet, but im confident that all pillars have the necessary support. My intenal cage that is tied to the exo is only for side/lateral support for the exo. (stop it being pushed sideways). The roof and upper windshield bar and the windshield lower bar, support the A-pillar. All have enough triangulation i believe.

PIC-0080.jpg

PIC-0122.jpg

PIC-0134.jpg

Back