• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Local source for parts

Daedalus454

NAXJA Forum User
Is there a good source for XJ parts locally here in Simi Valley? I plan to install my SYE and driveshaft this weekend, and I will be needing some shims to set my pinion angle.

Thanks.

Dan

I live over the hill from you in West Hills.
All I can tell you is that this part of the world is a wasteland for finding almost any type of car parts, not to mention XJ parts.
You could go to 4-Wheel Parts but they do not stock much of anything and will need to order them. You might as well do the same thing on-line.
R.E. has the whole range of shims and should ship tomorrow if you order today. Pick the shipping rate that will get the shims to you in time, if you must do the SYE this weekend.
You may get lucky and find a small 4X4 shop that has shims but this will require phoning around.
I have gotten to the point that I do not make installation plans until I have every possible part on hand

Hmm, well I called 4Wheel Parts, they have aluminum shims in stock for $14/pair. I'd prefer steel, but I guess this way I can try them out on the highway for a few weeks to make absolutely sure they are the correct angle before I spend the big bucks for steel.

Back