• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hey guess what I found out

i could have told you that from your pics. :) You have a 29 spline 8.25 so its a decent axle. Same thing I'm running with 33s. The axle is good up to 35" tires as long as you upgrade the axle shafts. Downfalls, it's a c-clip axle and you can only go up to 4.56 gears. Rear disc conversions are easy and beneficial. Whenever you plan on running any larger than 35s or you run some difficult trails, you might consider something beefier.

i actually have a used Detroit EZ locker for sale but you'll need to order new springs for it. A full detroit can be had for about $500-600 new.

djblade311 said:
i actually have a used Detroit EZ locker for sale but you'll need to order new springs for it. A full detroit can be had for about $500-600 new.
Ahhhhhh...how much ?

crazyjim said:
Well, since I'm browsing the forums from my phone at work it's kinda hard to browse around. Anybody know of a decent locker for a decent price? What's the average price of a detroit or similar?

Aussie is supposed to be coming out with a 8.25 29 spline version, supposed to be available sometime in march.

Leep said:
Aussie is supposed to be coming out with a 8.25 29 spline version, supposed to be available sometime in march.

yeah, thats been the word for over 3 years but I'll believe it when I see it. Aussie makes good stuff though.

The Detroit EZ locker served me well and I had bought it used from Scott Tell. Lunchbox lockers like the Detroit EZ locker, Powertrax no-slip and the lockright can all have their problems when the springs are worn out. Like most, the biggest complaint is how loud they are and when they unload.

I thought I was buying that ez locker! I just keep forgetting when I see you. :)

cal said:
I thought I was buying that ez locker! I just keep forgetting when I see you. :)

I figured you forgot and didnt want it anymore. :) k. nevermind y'all

crazyjim said:
What's the definition of a lunch box locker? I've seen than term thrown around quite a bit and wasn't sure. I may be interested if things pan out.

I'll take a stab, but I could be wrong...

My understanding from reading through a bunch of axle stuff on this forum is that a lunchbox locker fits inside your exsiting carrier, as opposed to something like a full detroit locker which replaces your carrier.

ocean_jet said:
I'll take a stab, but I could be wrong...

My understanding from reading through a bunch of axle stuff on this forum is that a lunchbox locker fits inside your exsiting carrier, as opposed to something like a full detroit locker which replaces your carrier.

You win a cookie.

A lunchbox locker replaces the spider gears inside of your current carrier. Cheaper and easier than a "full" locker, same function, theoretically not as strong but a couple of them are pretty close.

yep. and for those that need pictures to get the idea:

Lunchbox locker:
bjbro43b.jpg

a Full locker:
detroit-locker.jpg

Back