• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend Wheelin Jan 26-27

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So how about a run on Saturday or Sunday this weekend? After having to work all 3 days of MLK weekend, I'm dying to get the Jeep off the pavement and my mind off work!

Azusa? Cleg? Gorman?

I'm available both days.

I'm off for the next week... if I can find $$ to put in the tank I'm gtg :bunny: (Sunday only- Sat I'm taking a CERT Class at the fire house).

tcm glx said:
do i smell an azusa run coming?

No that would be carne asada cooking at Azusa :lickout:

silverslk said:
When did you hear that? Grimm had said recently that they re-opened it. Someone have a way to check?

Nothing on ACORAUSA saying that the canyon is closed at the moment. I know it was closed a couple weeks ago; just gotta see what the rain does to it.

So Azusa on Sunday assuming its open? Do we want to choose a back-up in case its not?

Head down to Truckhaven and support the CORVA run.

karstic said:
Head down to Truckhaven and support the CORVA run.

As much as I'd like to I'd spend more time driving to and from than I would wheeling.

IslanderOffRoad said:
As much as I'd like to I'd spend more time driving to and from than I would wheeling.

Spend the night

karstic said:
Spend the night

If I did, I would but even at that it would be drive down Friday Night, wheel Sat, leave sunday. Feel like I'd need at least 2 days of wheeling to make it worth it.

bump for the blind :D

So Azusa, Sunday! Meet at JITB at say 8am? Or is that too early for you weenies?

Snow closed the Miller Jeep Trail weekend before last, so Hungry Valley is out for me.(Playing on a 100ft artificial rock pile isn't my idea of wheeling)
I'm planning on going to the Last Chance Canyon, Nightmare Gulch, Goler Gulch area for some rocks, hill climbs, and exploring, Sunday the 27th. Rain just makes the desert better.
Anyone want to meet up along the 14 to caravan out there?

RobertF said:
Snow closed the Miller Jeep Trail weekend before last, so Hungry Valley is out for me.(Playing on a 100ft artificial rock pile isn't my idea of wheeling)
I'm planning on going to the Last Chance Canyon, Nightmare Gulch, Goler Gulch area for some rocks, hill climbs, and exploring, Sunday the 27th. Rain just makes the desert better.
Anyone want to meet up along the 14 to caravan out there?

how far up the 14 are those?

IslanderOffRoad said:
how far up the 14 are those?

It's an hour and a half to Last Chance Canyon from where the 14 branches off the 5.

Panzie a$$ Land Rover's in Nightmare Gulch towards Last Chance Canyon video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSZKlYoucWE&feature=related

Bickel Camp and Schmid's tunnel in Last Chance Canyon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cZgOQhhH2c&feature=related

Large panzie Hummers trying Nightmare Gulch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_guEAfjceU&feature=related

Back