• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

is anyone useing this lift

You get what you pay for......

Track bar relocation bracket, Add a leaf, brake line relocation brackets, shit shocks..... all that stuff sucks!

Sure it will lift it 4.5" but if you actually want to wheel your jeep i'd invest your money into something alittle better.

Buy it from directly from Rough Country, talk to Grimus. Naxja Discount.

crazyjim said:
Don't buy a lift from ebay, buy it from Grimus here on the board if you're set on RC. I'd heavily suggest reading a LOT more though...

X2...or JC Whitney!

Save the extra for a good quality kit, it will save you money, and time, in the long run. In the meantime, do a bunch of this :geek: here on NAXJA, so you can make an informed decision :)

also know when lifting a xj 3 or more inches you will need to consider a slip yoke eliminator (sye) and custom length driveshaft to correct pinion angle and reduce driveline vibrations. most kits claim you can drop your t-case 1inch and shim your rear axle at the leafs to correct pinion angle. but why lift your xj 4inches then drop your t-case 1inch, only to get a 3inch lift?

good kit. get an adjustable trackbar right away (at least i'd recommend it)

do a search on here for rough country and talk to grimus. he's a rough country rep here on the board and i also deal with him through my shop. i have the add-a-leaf kit (full lenght add-a-leaf. some 3rd party vendors are substituting for short add-a-leafs that cause problems. but if your springs are bad the add-a-leafs will sag over time. my springs where good and i have 2 years with heavy wheeling on my add-a-leafs with no problems.)

grimus will take good care of you.

scorpio_vette said:
good kit. get an adjustable trackbar right away (at least i'd recommend it)

do a search on here for rough country and talk to grimus. he's a rough country rep here on the board and i also deal with him through my shop. i have the add-a-leaf kit (full lenght add-a-leaf. some 3rd party vendors are substituting for short add-a-leafs that cause problems. but if your springs are bad the add-a-leafs will sag over time. my springs where good and i have 2 years with heavy wheeling on my add-a-leafs with no problems.) grimus will take good care of you.
x2 I ran this kit for 2 years with the only problem being that the track bar brace was loose after installation, causing death wobble, so I ended up having to weld the relocation bracket to the axle. Other than that, I had the AAL with the block and shackle and they held up wonderfully. The road ride will be significantly different, but whenever you lift a vehicle, the springs will be stiffer than stock to get it taller. I wheeled mine a lot with multiple trips to Moab, UT and I was very pleased with it's wheeling ability. Some say that Rough Country is a kit to avoid, but for how well it performed and the low cost compared to other kits, I was very pleased.

I also suggest that you buy it directly from Rough Country, or at least a local vendor. You probably can get away without a SYE and just use the transfer case drop kit that comes with it. Mine is a '99 and I had some driveline vibes for the 2 years that I used this kit, but only at about 35 mph and then it would disappear, so I never took the time to fix it. If you can afford a higher end kit, by all means do it, but if all you can afford is the RC kit, my bet is that you'll have a good experience with it. Here is my Jeep on 32" BFG AT tires on one of my trips to Moab:
Moab01.jpg

a lot of people run Rubicon Express. I have a 3.5 superflex on mine, love it to death.

hell said:
anyone have any better recomendations for a 4.5
4.5" coils. Drop brackets. Adj trac bar. Bastard pack, ubolts. jks disconnects, shackle, shocks, sye.

mustangconv85 said:
call rought country and get there 4.5" x-series lift comes with full leaf packs and adjustable upper and lower control arms and a adjustable trac bar

Check out the site... This is a good lift..Just do the upgrade on shocks

89 with RC 6.5

FWIW, I have a Rubicon Express 3.5" Superflex. And wheel with a buddy who has the Rough Country 4.5". I have quite a bit more articulation and a way better on road ride. And I got away with a 1" t-case drop instead of SYE.

Do your research, its not all about the highest you can go on a budget. In fact, a lower center of gravity, in my opinion, is better.

HTH
-Adam

Back