• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I think I have it...

EvanH

NAXJA Forum User
After a few weeks of looking at various lifts and tires I think I finally came up with a setup I like, tell me what you think. If you have any feedback (positive or negative) on the products I am looking to get please let me know.

So for my lift I am gonna go with the RE 3.5" XJ Super-Flex kit. Tires I was looking at 31x10.5 Kumho Venture AT. (Where would I be able to find these tires for fairly cheap?)

Quick question though, what size rim would I need to run those tires? My XJ came with aftermarket 16 1/2" rims. Would I be able to use those with no problems?

Thanks for any and all input!

Last edited:
troy6187 said:
are you sure the rims are 16.5? thats usually for 3/4 ton axles

I could be wrong... 225/75R15 The last number is the rim size right? If so I lied they are 15 inch rims >_> hehe

Last edited:
Get TnT's long arms, its a better product and you will be supporting the little guy for a change. Also, you could always upgrade this way w/o any difficulties.

http://www.tntcustoms.com/webV4/xjylinksystem.asp

YLinkSample17.jpg

muddshutter said:
Get TnT's long arms, its a better product and you will be supporting the little guy for a change. Also, you could always upgrade this way w/o any difficulties.

http://www.tntcustoms.com/webV4/xjylinksystem.asp

YLinkSample17.jpg

i dont think thats in the same price category or even close to it, or in the same size category of what he has picked out. with that said, ive basically been starving to try and afford the tnt kit for a little while now lol

that lift with 31's would be GREAT and its ten times the lift than a RE. Rubicon is great in the bigger lifts, but is just like the rest in the smaller and more affordable lifts. Rough Country offers MORE BANG for the buck.

I may be wrong but I have heard bad things about rough country... or maybe it is tough country or am I making that up? o_O

I got a lot of lean for my buck. The RC kit was more complete, but after I replaced the front springs and rebuilt the rear the savings were long gone.

3" seems like all you will need.......until "inchitis" sets in...hahahahaha. I started with a 3" Rough Country which was fine for about 3 years. Now I have 2500 bucks worth of 6.5" parts in my living room just waiting for a free weekend. Save your money, get the "good stuff" and do it right once. Muddshutter is right about supporting the little guy though. A lot of smaller companies have quality products you just might have to do a bit of searching to find them. Good luck.

Back