• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control arm question

Mopar It

NAXJA Forum User
so i got rough country adjustable upper/lowers in front with 4.5" coils and 2" spacer. on one side, my coil is really tweaked and is shaped like this if looking at the driver side \ the bump stop almost hits it near the front of the truck. on the other side it's better but not straight. so i just know my whole axle is tweaked to one side and today i want to take them off and re-do them but im not sure on the length and also is there an easy way to take them on/off that wont require huge jack stands or come-alonging my axle forward or something? i also dont have spring compressors

Someone else will probably chime in. When I did mine (and of course I got called out on it...) I took my springs out, they come out easily. which eliminated having to fight the downforce of the springs....but after reading a lot of how other people have done it....You can just take them off with the wheels on the ground and use a jack and a big pipe wrench to move the axle. If you look on yucca mans website he has lengths for control arms vs lift height...

sounds like you just need to make them the right length and equal on both sides (you prob realize that already though)

yeah i know i gotta make em the right size just my hardest part is when i drop the track bar/sway bar/steering it will all fall and i can attach all my control arms and put the coil in but its damn near impossible to get that track bar on with that much tension

what's the link to yucca mans site?

Mopar It said:
yeah i know i gotta make em the right size just my hardest part is when i drop the track bar/sway bar/steering it will all fall and i can attach all my control arms and put the coil in but its damn near impossible to get that track bar on with that much tension

Track bars is easy, get everything else done, put it back on the ground, have a buddy turn the steering wheel while you line it up and put the bolt in,really easy

to help moveing the axle I have used the stock bottle jack with the base on th "frame" and the other end on the axle. Start turning and it will push the axle forward and it makes everything real easy.

Back