• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thinking of options regarding my pos RUSTYS track bar

dirt machine

NAXJA Forum User
I have the standard Rusty's Track Bar. TRE is blown out. Track Bar Itself is totally fine.

I did some searching and found that a bad bushing is not bad compared to what some guys get with Rusty's Track Bar.

I need to replace/upgrade this thing before it kills us.

I want to do it cheap though. Rather, I want the best value. I don't want to spend money for no good reason, although if we need to spend money, then so be it.

I am thinking of:

-Putting in a MOOG Tie Rod End.(Cheapest ~$40)
-Upgrading to the Rusty's HD setup. (Sorta Cheap ~$90)
-Getting a standard duty new track bar from RE. (not so cheap ~$160)
-Getting a new good heavy duty Track bar.(Expensive ~$250)

What do y'all think? Rusty told me on the phone that the HD setup is really good and won't cause any problems...I have heard otherwise. :)

Thanks!!!

I have the Rusty's HD track bar and its done okay. no problems that weren't my fault. When you install it make sure you tighten down the jam nut. I forgot to and regretted it. It does it's job with no complaints. You'll have to buy the HD mounting bracket too probly!

pos rustys track bar

i had his regular track bar for about 1 1/2 years and went through about 5 tre's. even a factory one. i upgraded to his heavy duty setup with the brace and had no problems with it. that was on my old jeep. i personally will never buy one of his products again if i can help it. just too many bad experiences with them. just my .02

i had a black diamond that served me well, its a cheaper option but still solid. Its floating around somewhere if you arent in a rush we could work out a deal ($50.00 or something like that), but its a few hours away from me right now

Why do the TREs go out? Seems like a normal setup for the most part. I don't get it. That tells me that even a MOOG TRE would be inadequate.

Furthermore, is the Standard RE Track Bar better than Rusty's HD? This determines if I should get rid of the current one or just upgrade.

Thanks.

The problem is TRE's are not designed for the amount of movement we put them thru.Just get a real trackbar and be done with it(RE,TNT,Kevin's).

If you get a Black Diamond ( I have one) you need to get a hold of Midwestcontrol.com and get their best Heim. (MMX-12 I think)The price is excellent and it's better than what you will find on it. I'm currently working on a way to set it up in double shear. Hope to have that done in the next couple weeks. If not you will likely go through a heim about every 9 months.

ive got the rustys 6.5 lift. first off whats TRE? my trackbar mount that bolts to the unibody has several cracks in it already and death wobble is INSANE. does rustys warranty these mounts? has anyone else had this problem?

saybye said:
ive got the rustys 6.5 lift. first off whats TRE? my trackbar mount that bolts to the unibody has several cracks in it already and death wobble is INSANE. does rustys warranty these mounts? has anyone else had this problem?

TRE= Tie Rod End. I had a problem with something of his after 3 years and he took it back no questions asked.

Ive got the rustys 4.5" lift and it comes with the track bar (standard version) and was just wondering if it would be fine for just using it as a DD? Thier might be occational going out to play but nuthing wild for now until i get out of school and buy a new DD. Thanks alot. Also ill be running 31s or 32s havent decided yet.

Last edited:
I have been using the HD version from rusty's. You can order them with other types of joints when you also get the HD mount. I have a Heim in mine, and you can screw in any joint you want really (at the ADJ end)
It takes a decent beating so far while I do mild rocking

Back