• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CoFest damage reports

f'ed up "mystery" steering issue... Between Jeff, Justin, Led, Fred and myself spending countless hours repairing & brainstorming and JohnJohn's taxi service to Salida.. no answers so the band-aid is getting ordered tomorrow: hydro assist is going in later this week.

I feel quite lucky after 4 hard days wheelin'

I had to repair some sparking wiring underdash (again).

I have a pretty good wobble at about 45mph now, not quite death wobble, maybe ICU wobble.

I have mud behind my seats

No other damage to report.

I lost several elk hair caddis flies to some unruley fish. :D

The rain fly on my tent sucked. Didnt discover it untill I had a good puddle in the middle of my sleeping bag

Track bar had to be adjusted ( Thanks to Fred for the help and Jeff for the 24mm socket). Thats it as far as any damage.

JoAnne scratched my bumper. I sure hope she doesn't keep driving like me. I'll need to get another job.....

-Jon

formatt said:
f'ed up "mystery" steering issue... Between Jeff, Justin, Led, Fred and myself spending countless hours repairing & brainstorming and JohnJohn's taxi service to Salida.. no answers so the band-aid is getting ordered tomorrow: hydro assist is going in later this week.

I have a feeling that will not fix it. :D

Mystery dying issue when leaned to drivers side :dunno:
Lost the top caliper bolt and it took out the threads in the knuckle :dunno:
Scratched the new paint :smsoap:
More new noises

The first day on the first run I broke my passenger side high steer. I sheered two bolts and snapped that unit in half. we were 4 + miles from the trail head at wheeler lake. Thanks to everyone who helped fix it and for the patience of the three guys behind me, as I had to go pretty slow the rest of the way out.

Transfer case linkage popped off.
Infinite number of leaks in the POS airline that Tera sends with their lockers.
Big scratch on t-case skid. :)
Cleaned off bottom of D-30 pumpkin. :)
Bashed up passenger side mirror.
Door zipper to the 17 year old tent.

Fred

Well, I've been unpacking all day, thinking that I'd find my digital camera, but it hasn't shown up yet.

I don't know if it counts as trail damage. Jeff hasn't posted his camera as trail damage yet. But I'm going to say something about it incase someone knows it's where abouts.

DAryl

We make it make to Michigan OK.

Only damage was ripping the track bar mount off the axle on Friday. Probably starting breaking on Wednsday on Carnage. Glad it didn't break on any of those shelf roads.Thanks Led for helping me get the Jeep of the trail with no problems.

John B.

1. Steering wheel now moves around like a bobble head
  2. New oil leak which didn't exist prior to the event - now will leak out in less than a day...WTF?!?!
Considering the trails we ran that's not such a bad list.

Back