• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Think I found my A/C fix!

XJ Ron

NAXJA Forum User
I've been searching the board for the A/C threads...finally went back and re read the instructions on how to search....totally missed the 3 letter thing!:roll:

My A/c is switching back and forth from vents to defrost or somewhere in the dash...but if you put it on low it comes back in a short while...and it will fade when pulling up a hill or when you get into it!

some one mentioned the vac line to the ball under the bumper and I just went out and looked.... and whadya know...the acid from the battery has ate a hole right through it!

vacleak003.jpg

vacleak002.jpg

vacleak001.jpg

12 am here so it will have to wait till tomorrow to see if that is the fix...but I got a really good idea that just may be it!

Thanks fellow jeepers!

I'll keep ya posted!

Congrats on finding the problem ]and for searching it - glad to hear it worked for ya!

Well I couldn't wait till am...I went and pulled that line and wrapped it in 100 MPH tape and drove it to the store...I needed some copenhagen...so I figured what the hell !

A/c wored great, it shifts better and actually seems to run faster and has better throttle response...well l that may all be pysco-systimatic... :)

but it damn sure fixed my A/C...got to get some replacement line and re route that thing to stop it from happening again!

Thanks more than you guys will ever know!

I always wondered what that little ball was!

Ron

Last edited:
Back