• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front end vibrations

matt hurtado

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 92' xj w/ RE 4.5 lift with 31/10.5 all terrains(new) just replaced my shocks with some RE shocks front and rear and the lift is about 3 yrs old. replaced tie rods and steering stabalizer about 6months ago.
when i'm driveing striaght and hit some bumps i get some vibrations in the front end and stearing wheel, if i'm turning a curve and hit a bump holy cr#p it feels like i'm going to go into on comeing traffic. also early in the morning when i first get going and i'm takeing a turn with no bumps the wheel gives in the direction that i'm turning.what is going on ?
someone please help

check the panhard bar, sounds like its loose or worn.

Check your caster.

Kyung

Death wobble, check your trackbar. The Canadian above called it a 'panhard' bar, which is the same thing, just different name. Take out the bolt on the axle bracket, and good chance the hole where the bolt goes through is wallowed out. When you hit a big bump, it allows your trackbar to shake around, which in turn shakes your whole axle around. It can be terrifying yes, but it's not a real hard fix, if you or someone you know can weld.

For a fix, read the tech writeup on www.jeepin.com. It's on the home page "trackbar bracket fix' or something. I followed that writeup and mine is fine now.

Chris

thanks for the advise guys i'll check the track bar(panhard) out.
oh ya I took it to a local jeep place and the guy there said a long arm conversion from teraflex would also help out. what do ya'll think?

matt hurtado said:
the guy there said a long arm conversion from teraflex would also help out. what do ya'll think?
Well tell him to lay off the crack pipe,the Teraflex(hybrid LA kit) is a joke.Do a search for DW and start checking everything starting with your tires/wheels.

RCP Phx said:
Well tell him to lay off the crack pipe,the Teraflex(hybrid LA kit) is a joke.Do a search for DW and start checking everything starting with your tires/wheels.
you know it did sound like they were trying to milk me.

Back