• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full OME kit and adjustable L/U control arms wher to start?

sobarr02

NAXJA Forum User
Can't find this on search and am a borderline "shade tree mechanic". To keep it simple and more or less lined up enough to drive, should I replace coils or CAs first , or all at once-one side at a time or ???? Anyone want to share? Remember need to make it as easy and simple as possible. OME = about 2 " lift TIA ya'll. Hope this will help someone else too.

I'm no expert, but having just taken apart my suspension (and put it back together) for the first time, this is the order I'd suggest: after unbolting shocks, swaybar, et c., unbolt upper control arms at the axle, and let axle droop so that the coils unseat. Replace coils. Unbolt upper control arms at the frame end, and replace with your new ones (bolt them to the axle too, which will probably take some persuasion). Replace lower control arms, one at a time.

I'm not sure if that's the best way, but it makes the most sense to me.

Mambeu's plan sounds pretty close - don't forget to leave the bolts loose until you get the Jeep back on the wheels. THEN you can tighten and torque

Back