• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gauge cluster mods?

pro-rallye

NAXJA Forum User
my temp gauge in my '91 cluster is all messed up, so instead of cannibalizing another cluster just for one gauge, i was thinking of getting a new autometer phantom electric temp and oil pressure gauge and trying to "splice" them into the stock cluster. has anyone done or attempted this? i would like more accurate readings on both of these without adding more clutter to the interior. since i already have white overlay gauges, these would blend nicely...if they fit. thanks!

well, i went ahead and took apart my gauge cluster to see if there was enough clearance to mount an aftermarket gauge and it looks like it will just barely squeeze in. the water temp corner is about 1/2" shallower than the oil pressure corner so that may be an issue, but i can always cut more.... i am going to order a temp gauge and try it out soon.

Back