• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2" lift hurt gas mileage?

i got better gas mileage after i lifted mine 2" but it had more to do wih my driving. then i put 31's on it and lost about 2-3 mpg :-( more of the tires than anything

summitlt said:
Just going to stay with the stockish 235's

Just wanna get it off my bumpstops.

i would be very surprised if your MPG changed. if it does its not because of the BB.

IMHO, the 235's might look kinda silly with any amount of lift. my DD has a BB and i run 31" street tires with minimal rub w/ no trimming.

Yeah, you shouldn't notice any MPG change from adding the BB itself and if you are sticking with stock-ish size tires, you shouldn't notice anything even then.

I put a BB on my DD XJ along w/ some 30x9.50 BFG AT's and I dropped about 1 mpg. It is not even hardly noticable. The rig has the factory 3.55 gears for what it is worth.

i guess the point here is that you wont see any difference in city driving and highway MPG's will see a minimal difference.

Back