• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wat do you all know about el mirage dry lake ohv area...

El Mirage was in my backyard...sorta.
some cool mountains to run in the back too. Helped me eat the ujoints in a girl's dad's wrangler. D'oh!

That area kinda has a "deliverance" feel to it (neighborhood surrounding) so make sure you have lotsa gas. :)
When I was a kid and dumber (only slightly), I picked up a hitchhiker and gave him a ride. Dude was waaaay out there mentally and lived somewhere in those sticks. I'm lucky they didn't have chainsaws and human masks in the backyard.
...or did they?

Leep said:
They sometimes close the lake bed if there is too much water in it. Also if it is closed on the lake bed DONT get cought in there. Fines are steep. . . .

Just don't go out on the lake bed in the winter. My brother and the Southern California Timing Association do time trials and land speed records on the lake bed from June until October. And messing around on the lake bed when it's wet and muddy just thrash it for the rest of the year. If you can imagine hitting a 1" bump at +200 mph, you know it can be really not fun.

Thanks!

bassthumb said:
That area kinda has a "deliverance" feel to it (neighborhood surrounding) so make sure you have lotsa gas. :)
When I was a kid and dumber (only slightly), I picked up a hitchhiker and gave him a ride. Dude was waaaay out there mentally and lived somewhere in those sticks. I'm lucky they didn't have chainsaws and human masks in the backyard.
...or did they?

2x

I lived in Adelanto for awhile and would cruise to the lake.. It's a pretty big lake and you spend a lot of time screwing around on the trails..

If you do find some obstacles, don't do them if you are by yourself. And, don't go to any houses for help either.. "deliverance" :gee:... and don't pick up any hitchhikers - there's a correctional facility out there.. :eek: and, take a jacket it can get freezing out and it's very windy... and watch out for dirt bike riders, it can be a haven for those two-legged bandits..

Anywho... I'm just getting practicing lecturing for when I become a dad.. ;)

Have Fun..

E

http://www.roughwheelers.com/oscar/runplanning/elmirage/elmirage.html

also.....

New Fee Schedule for El Mirage OHV Area
Starting October 1, 2008 there will be user fees charged at the El Mirage OHV Area. The fees are as follows:
$15 for a daily pass
$30 for a weekly pass
$90 for a season pass

You can purchase your pass on-site or contact the Barstow Field Office at (760) 252-6000 for a list of off-site vendors.

fuck that. there's a million places to wheel in /around the area- from sheep creek road head west a bit and there's a big ass wash you can ride all the way into wrightwood if you wanna.
all along you can hill climb the banks, some rocks... we used to goof off there as kids. Not much rock climbing per se, but if you're up for playing in the dirt, it's there.

bassthumb said:
fuck that. there's a million places to wheel in /around the area- from sheep creek road head west a bit and there's a big ass wash you can ride all the way into wrightwood if you wanna.
all along you can hill climb the banks, some rocks... we used to goof off there as kids. Not much rock climbing per se, but if you're up for playing in the dirt, it's there.

Oh I got PLENTY of dirt out here in the Antelope Valley but I Need some rocks thrown in too. hmmmmm now what was the name of that trail in Lake LA????

Back