• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Toyota 8" with E-locker

splitz

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know what the width of the tacoma 8" is?

There is one with an e-locker for sale in my area, do you think it would be worth picking up?

I'm going to regear to 4.56 soon.

Ok, I think I found my answer to the width. It looks like 96+ Tacoma and 4Runners are 60" WMS-WMS.

The 2x4 PreRunners came with 5x4.5 and e-lockers, but I don't know what gears...yet.
There are axles out there with 4.556's and e-lockers, but are 6 x 139

I think I read the 8.25 is 60" WMS-WMS, so I'll probably have to find wheel spacers and 1310 u-joint flange, and wheels with less backspacing.

All that being said, I think it may be easier to regear and lock my 8.25 (29 spline).

yes/no?

Yes and no.
Corporate 8.25 is limited to ARB for selectable locker and in NoVa, you don't really want the auto locker in back (snowing there right now, isn't it? Gets squirrelly back there) if its the DD.
ARB locker = money, setup, hassles that might equal the toyo 8 setup.

Yes and no.

It was snowing, it stopped and turned to rain that will probably end up freezing tonight :(

But you are right, I should have clarified that I will be going ARB. That coupled with the PITA factor for 4.56s in a 8.25 makes me wonder if the 8" would be a better choice, I'm kind of 50/50 at this point.

Back