• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What additional parts to buy that will suppliment lift kit.

massscene

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking around and have decided I want a 4-5 inch lift. What parts besides the lift kit should be purchased to help aid in reliability and drivability?
sye, t case drop, cv drive shaft, what else?????

I am thinking of getting a cheaper lift kit and buying all of the supplimental parts at the same time and then slowly upgrading the lift kit.

sorry if it has been asked before. It seems people dont lable their threads right. The search feature would be much more useful if people labeled there posts "horn doesn work" rather than "need help!!!!"

sorry I am rambling lol and thanks in advance

rich

You can do damn near everything with 4-5" of lift and trimming.

What year is your XJ?

Most likely, you'll be better off with a SYE+CV Driveshaft in the rear. if you go this route, you wont need a transfer case drop.

and for the love of god, do yourself a favor and get an Adjustable Trackbar and new frame-side bracket that puts your mount in a double shear configuration!!! :) I like the one from www.kevinsoffroad.com its a bit pricey, but its awesome...

I believe ones from TNT and RE do the double shear thing, but dont quote me on that....Rock Krawlers might too....

You will probably also need some extended brake lines. You dont have to get the expensive stainless steel lines....ones from a YJ are about 3" longer, and I know people use stock brake lines from other trucks/SUVs that fit up perfectly and work great.

What size tires do you want to run?

its a 94 2 door sport with 140k on the clock.

I would like to run 33 11.50's but not if it requires a ton more trimming and work the 32 11.50's.

JNickel101 said:
You can do damn near everything with 4-5" of lift and trimming.

What year is your XJ?

Most likely, you'll be better off with a SYE+CV Driveshaft in the rear. if you go this route, you wont need a transfer case drop.

and for the love of god, do yourself a favor and get an Adjustable Trackbar and new frame-side bracket that puts your mount in a double shear configuration!!! :) I like the one from www.kevinsoffroad.com its a bit pricey, but its awesome...

I believe ones from TNT and RE do the double shear thing, but dont quote me on that....Rock Krawlers might too....

You will probably also need some extended brake lines. You dont have to get the expensive stainless steel lines....ones from a YJ are about 3" longer, and I know people use stock brake lines from other trucks/SUVs that fit up perfectly and work great.

What size tires do you want to run?

lets kill this thread and stick to your original one...

I have had four Cherokee's, all with different lifts and drivetrain setups. By far, the best that I have had is the RE 4.5", with a SYE and CV driveshaft. I use it as a daily driver, and have no complaints. I have 32"x10.5" (265/75/16 Terra Grappler) and they clear perfect. I usually wheel mine in the sand at the coast, and never even came close to getting stuck. That's what I would go with if I were you.....

maybe i should have spoken up...

LETS KILL THIS THREAD AND STICK TO HIS ORIGINAL ONE...

damn...lol

Back