• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

revolver shackles....

remember use that search button, but short answer... theyre bad for XJs.

this really has been covered alot..... searching is your friend.

The majority of opinions about them are negitive though... unloading at the wrong times on steep decents or while climbing are just a couple of bad points.

TnT or RE boomers...

Wow all the nay sayers... I will be probably the only one to say that I ran them for 5 years and they work great.. All the people above have probably never had a set that were either on their rig or installed properly.. You will have to have your bumpstop's set properly to get them to work right. Oh yes they do unload on real vertical descents if you have too much weight on the roof, this I know.. I have two sets, the first ones when they came out made by Metal Made Right in Montana before Tera purchased the rights.. I know they work, so flame away...

Clean-RC said:
Wow all the nay sayers... I will be probably the only one to say that I ran them for 5 years and they work great.. All the people above have probably never had a set that were either on their rig or installed properly.. You will have to have your bumpstop's set properly to get them to work right. Oh yes they do unload on real vertical descents if you have too much weight on the roof, this I know.. I have two sets, the first ones when they came out made by Metal Made Right in Montana before Tera purchased the rights.. I know they work, so flame away...

I also ran them for many years, never had any ill handling effects. 98% of the guys who are nay sayers never ran them and are repeating what they heard, or threw them on and throught they would solve all their problems

Are they magic? NO! They take a bunch of work to get to work right, playing with shock lengths and placement, lengthing the ebrake cables, and the old metal maderite units put the terraflex ones to shame for quality and strength.

picture.JPG

revolver about half open on golden crack Moab, 2002,

I was wondering when someone would chime in and like them. I have never ran them but my friend runs 2 sets on his yj (the leaf f&r ones right?). He loves them and the thing works crazy!!! I am impressed with how they work for him.

Wow Rockwerks, your revolver working like mine. Indeed l opend a Threat about this problem, becasue on my Cherokee, my revolver open just the half of their work. But if l put a jack on the back of my Jeep and l pull up it, the revolver works for all their extension. Do you know why?

Gasoline said:
Wow Rockwerks, your revolver working like mine. Indeed l opend a Threat about this problem, becasue on my Cherokee, my revolver open just the half of their work. But if l put a jack on the back of my Jeep and l pull up it, the revolver works for all their extension. Do you know why?

partially due to forces applied on the trail. it takes just the ideal parameters to get them to open up fully on the trail.

Gasoline said:

Because of that gwavity thing? :confused1

Back