• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Monster Jam/ Stadium races

88trailcrawler

NAXJA Forum User
My 9 year old wants to go to Monster Jam in Anahiem on the 26th. I just watched a video clip and I am NOT looking forward to watching monster trucks for 3 hours.

I remember stadium track off road races when I was a kid where they raced everything from quads to trucks, buggies, etc. Figure it has to be more interesting, but can't find any info. Do they still do stadium off road racing.

Or how about an outdoor desert race series....anybody got any suggestions?

Dude, as white trash as it sounds. Its actually a lot of fun. My wife and I took my sone every year for about 3 or 4 years. The freestyle is worth the ticket price.

I am planning on taking my 4 yr old son. I just missed it last weekend, but they will be back on the 26th. I think they are in SD this weekend.

Arghh.. I watched the video clip and I am just dreading it. Looks like the same loud thing over and over again.

Can't I just take him to Azusa?

Guess I got my eye on the 26th.

88trailcrawler said:
Arghh.. I watched the video clip and I am just dreading it. Looks like the same loud thing over and over again.

Can't I just take him to Azusa?

Guess I got my eye on the 26th.

It's all about the expereince. I am going to try to get there early and do the pit thing. My son loves the sand and sport show - getting to see all of the trucks and buggies. he has been wanting to go to monster trucks, but we did not want to take him last year. Just gonna get ear plugs for him and stay as long as he wants. If it's anything like the movies, we will be gone in an hour... LOL The loud noise might scare him a little at first, but I think he will enjoy it.

I guess they don't do that stadium race series. I think it was a Mickey Thompson thing that followed super cross around the country. Those were fun.

Robert- What is there to see and do if you get there early? Sounds like a good idea to get him there early, let him see stuff up close then not feel like he has to stay until the end.

I showed him the video thinking he would agree with me, but I think it just got him more excited....Doh!

88trailcrawler said:
I guess they don't do that stadium race series. I think it was a Mickey Thompson thing that followed super cross around the country. Those were fun.

Robert- What is there to see and do if you get there early? Sounds like a good idea to get him there early, let him see stuff up close then not feel like he has to stay until the end.

I showed him the video thinking he would agree with me, but I think it just got him more excited....Doh!

I will have to check, but they usually have a "pit party" so fans can see the trucks, meet the drivers, and have pictures taken.

We went last weekend, and we will be going again on the 26th.

I doubt you'll be bored, disappointed, or anything else but happy you went.

LOTS of fun. Last week they did some sweet MX freestyle jumping in between rounds.

Hey, you guys should come Anaheim this weekend for the Supercross. Pits are open untill 6pm & the evening show starts at 7pm & is done by 10pm.
Supercross will be back at Anaheim on May 2nd, if you cant make this weekend.

If you do come, stop by the Troy Lee Designs/Redbull/Honda Semi and say Hi.

mattyj said:
Hey, you guys should come Anaheim this weekend for the Supercross. Pits are open untill 6pm & the evening show starts at 7pm & is done by 10pm.
Supercross will be back at Anaheim on May 2nd, if you cant make this weekend.

If you do come, stop by the Troy Lee Designs/Redbull/Honda Semi and say Hi.

When is the San Diego event anyway?

I will probably make that round.

Rick

When I was a young lad I went to the last of the Mickey Thompson Series at Angels and Jack Murphy Stadium. I was huge into racing RC cars at the time and they replicated the big course and held an RC series along side the big guys at each race (I won the series in two classes).
I also learned how to drive at Glen Helen during the SODA offroad races (the predeseser to CORR) which were more grassroots racing. DEFINETLY take him to a CORR race ASAP, very family friendly and arguably more exiting than the old "stadium" series with more high speed sections and a variety of vehicles.

Youll have a hard time missing one with the schedule this year:

Los Angeles County Fairplex
04/26/2008 - 04/27/2008
NBC: 05/25/2008 1:30 PM EST

Las Vegas Int'l Raceway in Primm, NV
05/17/2008 - 05/18/2008
NBC: 06/15/2008 12:30 PM EST

06/07/2008 - 06/08/2008
NBC: 07/06/2008 3:00 PM EST

Chula Vista Int'l Raceway
07/26/2008 - 07/27/2008
NBC: 07/27/2008 3:00 PM EST LIVE!

08/16/2008 - 08/17/2008
NBC: 09/14/2008 1:30 PM EST

09/13/2008 - 09/14/2008
NBC: 10/05/2008 2:30 PM EST

Las Vegas Int'l Raceway in Primm, NV
10/25/2008 - 10/26/2008
NBC: 10/26/2008 2:30 PM EST LIVE!

12/06/2008 - 12/07/2008
NBC: 12/06/2008 4:30 PM EST LIVE!

Or better yet.......

Pony up the dough and buy him a Trophy Kart like all the good daddies so he can join the action. They are less than $10k and there is a really competitive series racing in front of the big crowds during the CORR races.

http://www.trophykart.com\

CORR TrophyKart Vid

Testing of the new mod class TrophyKart Vid

Car_23.jpg

mattyj said:
Supercross will be back at Anaheim on Feb 2nd, if you cant make this weekend.

If you do come, stop by the Red Bull Honda Semi and say Hi to ole B-Ryce

Fixed it for ya. :thumbup:

TheWarWagon said:
Fixed it for ya. :thumbup:

Thanks for fixing the date...... brain fart on my behalf.

And you know you will be way to busy to say hi to anyone....... slave drivers over there!

juryrigjalopy said:
I was huge into racing RC cars at the time and they replicated the big course and held an RC series along side the big guys at each race (I won the series in two classes).

I was the award supplier for NORRCA. You probably have some of my junk on your shelf!

juryrigjalopy said:
Or better yet.......

Pony up the dough and buy him a Trophy Kart like all the good daddies so he can join the action. They are less than $10k and there is a really competitive series racing in front of the big crowds during the CORR races.

http://www.trophykart.com\

CORR TrophyKart Vid

Testing of the new mod class TrophyKart Vid

i drove one of those trophy karts with a 450 four stroke in it. it belongs to a friend of a friend. all i can say is HOLY SHIT! so much fun. better thang my race kart and my mx bike combined...

FishPOET said:
I was the award supplier for NORRCA. You probably have some of my junk on your shelf!

Right on, we got some really nice plaques from that series. I only kept the nice trophies and plaques so I probably still have it....you know how hard it is to store hundreds of trophies.

mattyj said:
Thanks for fixing the date...... brain fart on my behalf.

And you know you will be way to busy to say hi to anyone....... slave drivers over there!

Anaheims are usually the easiest, because everyone and their moms show up to "help". So instead of the race team guys setting up the semi- all the hangers on do it. Kinda relaxing actually. :yelclap:

Back